• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Joel Osteen a preacher or a motivational speaker? lol

• Preacher
    • Motivational Speaker

• Members

the only way the Lord would ever be present at his mega church would be to tell someone to flee this place, " a pastor he's not " he's a deceiver leading his followers to hell " we need to pray for him and his followers"

I think I need a little Osteen after last Sunday's condemnation sermon.

• Members

Whoever the preacher, they need to be led by the Holy Ghost and they need to boldly proclaim the Word of God.

Those preachers who water down their sermons, who refuse to preach certain biblical matters, are extremely dangerous; as are those preachers who set up their pet peeves or some certain point as the focus of most all their sermons.

The whole Word needs to be proclaimed. Preach the truth that homosexuality is sin, but be sure to preach the whole truth, which includes the fact Christ died for all sinners, including homosexuals, and like other sinners, homosexuals can also be made new in Christ.

Be clear that adultery is sin and it's sin for men as well as women. Preach the biblical truth about divorce, but make sure divorce isn't presented as the unpardonable sin. Point men and women, single, married, separated and divorced to Christ. Do so in love with the hope they will yield to the work of the Holy Ghost in their lives.

We have far too many preachers out there today who either want to tickle the congregation with a feather or bring a sledge hammer to the pulpit so they can hammer the congregation.

We need more men of God to step to the pulpit with Bible in hand boldly proclaiming the whole counsel of God out of a heart of love pointing to the only way of salvation and the only way to right living through Christ.

• Members

Joel Osteen's Megachurch Robbed: $600,000 Goes Missing

Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston was robbed of nearly $600,000 in cash and checks last weekend. The donations were collected in services Saturday and Sunday.

The theft wasn’t discovered until 8:30 a.m. Monday, when a church worker and off-duty Harris County Sheriff’s officer noticed the break-in, MyFoxHouston.com reports.

Lakewood has asked anyone who attended services last weekend to pay close attention to their accounts and immediately report any suspicious activity. The church has assured members this was not a data breach and is limited to donations made last weekend.

“We are working with the police to fully investigate the incident,” the church said in a statement. “The funds were fully insured, and we are working with our insurance company to restore the stolen funds to the church.”

Nearly 45,000 people attend services at Lakewood Church every week.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/43092-joel-osteen-s-megachurch-robbed-600-000-goes-missing

• Members

If I am correct his ministry just filed a theft case that some one stole $600,000 dollars last weekend from his ministry.  I just couldn't see this being done seeing that he has such a large staff and supposedly multiple accountability levels for those who handle the tithes and offerings.

What got me was they had insurance to cover stolen money.

Seems to me this may be an insurance scam.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

One news report I heard said the money was stolen from a safe. Banks are closed on Sunday so the money is typically put in the safe until it can be put in the bank on Monday.

The insurance wasn't just for money, it was insurance that covers theft and such.

At the moment, there is no reason to view this as a scam.

• Members

From a safe then they already know who stole it.  according to a member there I know they have a computerized safe  and it is set up that two peoples pin numbers must be entered into the safe's digital lock in order to open it.  so either two people were there and they used their numbers to open the safe the record is in the safe's system or was recorded to the computer in the office that the safe uses to record who uses the safe.  If that system was over-ridden I would still be suspicious that is was an inside job and more than likely it is a scam.  Because all you have is their word there was $600,000 in that safe. 

Generally all checks are separated from the cash.  Checks are not usually kept in the safe.  and one must remember that most banks have deposit boxes for businesses and churches to use for large sums accessible at their nearest bank location even on sundays.

It all sounds to convenient.  Watch the IRS jump on this and they look a bit closer to the ministries staff  income taxes and and claimed expenditures.  Remember these are to be NON PROFIT ORG they are to be pretty much in the black or red very few are in the green.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever