• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Joel Osteen a preacher or a motivational speaker? lol

• Preacher
    • Motivational Speaker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Mr Olsteen saw a market of untapped resources and started a church so he could get paid for his motivational teachings and not pay taxes on it.  All the things needed for him to do business i.e. the building, cars, jets, clothing etc etc etc... are all tax free while he still has to pay personal income tax.

• Members

Joel Osteen is no Bible Believing preacher.  He promotes false doctrine by his motivational talks.  He denies the deity of Jesus Christ and should be marked as a False Prophet.  Sadly, many in the world listen to his "so called" sermons and swallow the garbage that he spews out of his mouth.  I don't believe he is saved.

• Members

When has Osteen denied Jesus is God? I've not heard that before.

I've only listened to him once, it was a recording of an event he did in Florida a year or two ago. He did present the biblical Gospel at that time, but the rest of the message he gave was a mix of watered down preaching and motivational speaking.

I've read some of his writings, and the Gospel was there in its most basic form and everything else was watered down motivationalism. I did notice that his writings got more watery as time went on.

• Members

On more than one occasion Osteen has dodged or attempted to dodge some of the "tough" things; including hell, homosexuality, etc.

However, on the rare occasions when an interviewer won't let him get away with a dodge, so far from what I've read he's eventually stated that he holds to what the Bible says about the matters but that he doesn't want to focus on them.

He's afraid of controversy and like many others he thinks popularity is important to open doors for more people to hear the Gospel. Billy Graham, Rick Warren and many others have chose that path too.

• Members

When has Osteen denied Jesus is God? I've not heard that before.

I've only listened to him once, it was a recording of an event he did in Florida a year or two ago. He did present the biblical Gospel at that time, but the rest of the message he gave was a mix of watered down preaching and motivational speaking.

I've read some of his writings, and the Gospel was there in its most basic form and everything else was watered down motivationalism. I did notice that his writings got more watery as time went on.

While Osteen may believe Jesus is God, that doesn't mean he is saved.  I have watched him more than once and he is a motivational preacher not a preacher that speaks the truth about the Bible, John.

• Members

I watched him one time because I was teaching on false prophets. Has anyone paid any attention to the chant that he has the whole congregation to recite before the message? They use the word "I" lo less than 12 times. It sounded like Satan when he decided to overthrow the throne, or something that Nebuchadnezzer would do. Freaky.

My advice.....stay away from the kool-aid

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched him one time because I was teaching on false prophets. Has anyone paid any attention to the chant that he has the whole congregation to recite before the message? They use the word "I" lo less than 12 times. It sounded like Satan when he decided to overthrow the throne, or something that Nebuchadnezzer would do. Freaky.

My advice.....stay away from the kool-aid

I think the chant at the beginning is something his father John did when he was running the "ministry". I used to visit my mother(deceased) who would have him on all the time and both of my sisters still watch him. They say they love how he gives them hope and blessings from God and they often cannot turn the channel.  They are that captivated! And this is scary as he is very charismatic to millions of others.  Too bad he wasn't a real IFB minister that stood for what the Bible says instead of a being a motivational speaker.