• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Joel Osteen a preacher or a motivational speaker? lol

• Preacher
    • Motivational Speaker

• Members

I think he has "some" backbone, but very little unless he feels he absolutely must. As an example I once saw a clip where a news personality was pushing hard to get him to say that scripture could be interpreted in a "progressive", "modern", way that would make homosexuality ok or at least no big deal. When he responded he seemed a little apologetic but he did say something to the effect of that he could not see how he could possibly interpret scripture to get that and that he had to have a foundation in the bible for his beliefs and couldn't just make stuff up. That isn't much of a backbone but it is something anyway.

That said I do generally agree that he is a "cotton candy" preacher that says very little of substance or value the majority of the time. It is more about tickling ears and making people feel good about themselves than anything else.

• Members

Has has no spine at all to stand up for the Word of God! He's a coward!

Just recently he was on Oprah or some lib show and said that there were many paths to heaven, even for homosexuals. Saying that, he's not even a Christian. A Universalist maybe but not a born-again follower of Jesus Christ. Poor fellow.

• Members

Has has no spine at all to stand up for the Word of God! He's a coward!

Just recently he was on Oprah or some lib show and said that there were many paths to heaven, even for homosexuals. Saying that, he's not even a Christian. A Universalist maybe but not a born-again follower of Jesus Christ. Poor fellow.

Worse even, he's a deceiver leading many astray.

• Members

My memory on this is vague, but I saw him on CNN, I can't remember the name of the talk show, the best I remember he would not take a stand on how a person is saved. I believe he was promoting a book.

Its amazing, some one writes a book & they will make their self available to all the talk shows Same way with the movie stars. And the politicians are not to far behind them.

• Members

He's on Hannity's show several times a year. Hannity's theological liberalism makes him unable to discern truth from error.

Yes, I remember seeing him on Hannity's once, now I remember, Larry King Live. I happened to go by CNN so who was on, so I watched it.

Hannity, I hardly ever watch him anymore, either he was always quite bad, & or got bad, in my opinion.

• Members

Hannity, I hardly ever watch him anymore, either he was always quite bad, & or got bad, in my opinion.

I fired him too early last year with no regrets. He's either clueless or playing dumb to keep his show going. Probably the former since he's not saved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I fired him too early last year with no regrets. He's either clueless or playing dumb to keep his show going. Probably the former since he's not saved.

He's not dumb based on the display of his "stuff" at WalMart. Was looking for a box of greeting cards when I ran across a whole section devoted to his expensive, vanilla, "inspirational" products. After a couple of minutes looking at his self promotion, moved on to look elsewhere.