• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ron Paul

• Members
http://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_Paul.htm

• Right to privacy is explicit, but not for contraception. (Jan 2012)
  • More laws don't solve problems on abortion. (Sep 2011)
  • Efforts to fund abortion ranks among stupidest policies. (Apr 2011)
  • Deregulate the adoption market. (Apr 2011)
  • Abortion laws should be a state-level choice. (Apr 2011)
  • Abortion causes inconsistent moral basis for value of life. (Apr 2011)
  • Day-after pill allows individual moral choice. (Apr 2011)
  • Abortion is murder. (Apr 2008)
  • Roe v. Wade decision was harmful to the Constitution. (Apr 2008)
  • Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement. (Feb 2008)
  • Protecting the life of the unborn is protecting liberty. (Feb 2008)
  • Get the federal government out of abortion decision. (Nov 2007)
  • Delivered 4000 babies; & assuredly life begins at conception. (Sep 2007)
  • Nominate only judges who refuse to legislate from the bench. (Sep 2007)
  • Save “snowflake babies”: no experiments on frozen embryos. (Sep 2007)
  • No tax funding for organizations that promote abortion. (Sep 2007)
  • Embryonic stem cell programs not constitutionally authorized. (May 2007
  • Sanctity of Life Act: remove federal jurisdiction. (Sep 2007)
  • Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)
  • Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
  • Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
  • Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
  • Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
  • Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
  • Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
  • Voted YES on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
  • Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
  • Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
  • Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
  • Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
  • No federal funding of abortion, and pro-life. (Dec 2000)
  • Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 56% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
  • Bar funding for abortion under federal Obamacare plans. (Jul 2010)
  • Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)
  • Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)
  • Supports the Pro-life Presidential Leadership Pledge. (Jan 2012)
  • Report on Medicaid payments to abortion providers. (Apr 2009)
Edited by DennisD

• Members
<a name="Candidates" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153); text-decoration: underline; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; ">red_star.gifRon Paul on Gun Control red_star.gifClick here for 16 full quotes on Gun Control OR other candidates on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.
  • FactCheck: Terroristic shootings do occur with guns around. (Aug 2011)
  • Gun-free zones don't make any difference. (Apr 2011)
  • Let airlines make rules about passenger guns to fight terror. (Sep 2007)
  • Opposes the DC Gun Ban; it’s not just a “collective right”. (Mar 2007)
  • Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms. (Nov 1996)
  • Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. (Nov 1996)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
  • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
  • Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
  • Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Sponsored bill against United Nations taxation on firearms. (Sep 2003)
  • Require video recording of every firearm test by ATF. (Jan 2011)
  • Individual right to self-defense at home and as self-defense. (Jan 1999)
  • Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)
  • Liberty Candidate: no point in keeping guns you can't access. (Sep 2010)

• Members
bluestar.gifRon Paul on Civil Rights bluestar.gifClick here for 30 full quotes on Civil Rights OR other candidates on Civil Rights OR background on Civil Rights.

Nobody that's running is "better" (and he is not best...) But this interview does point out, to me, a valid reason not to vote for him....

Every time it seems I've found one that I should favor somebody comes along and washes the off the paint to reveal what is beneath. Thank you! It isn't Mar 6 yet and I continue to consider if I will vote in the primary or not. Plus this from Dennis posts above has been troubling me since I looked at it months ago...
Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999) - I just reviewed the law (PDF) and he should have favored this as (1) a Christian (2) a conservative.

• Administrators

Every time it seems I've found one that I should favor somebody comes along and washes the off the paint to reveal what is beneath. Thank you! It isn't Mar 6 yet and I continue to consider if I will vote in the primary or not. Plus this from Dennis posts above has been troubling me since I looked at it months ago...
Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999) - I just reviewed the law (PDF) and he should have favored this as (1) a Christian (2) a conservative.

Absolutely, Dave. That is one of the reasons that, at this point, we are voting for NG. I know people will say aauugghhh, and that he is a Catholic, former whoremonger, yada, yada. He has admitted his wrongs, and so we go from there. I don't like that he isn't as conservative as we'd like, but, truthfully, neither was Ronald Reagan. And NG did work with RR to bring about good change in the '80's.

The biggest problem with Paul is that people believe he is strictly constitutional. But I do believe he overinterprets it. An example is the vote you referenced. He should have emphasized that it is in the purview of the parents if the person is a minor, and so there should be a law against it to protect parental rights. Of course, by the same token, the feds don't have any business in it unless it's across state lines...

• Members

The other three are just big government more-of-the-same guys. You can always find a few reasons to note vote for anyone, but with these three there's dozens of reasons to not vote for them.

No doubt with Mitt, Newt or Rick we will see the government, and America, continue on the wrong path.

Will any of these do anything to rid the country of the unconstitutional agencies, programs and departments put in place by FDR, LBJ, and others?

Currently, mandatory spending, which is likely 100% unconstitutional, accounts for over half of each years budget increases. Who will put forth a plan to phase these out?

No doubt with Mitt, Newt or Rick we will see the government, and America, continue on the wrong path.

Will any of these do anything to rid the country of the unconstitutional agencies, programs and departments put in place by FDR, LBJ, and others?

Currently, mandatory spending, which is likely 100% unconstitutional, accounts for over half of each years budget increases. Who will put forth a plan to phase these out?

"Who will help that man bake the bread?" said the little red hen. There is no insurance a man's own party will help him get the job done.

Unless...you're BO and you want homosexuals in the military. Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

"Who will help that man bake the bread?" said the little red hen. There is no insurance a man's own party will help him get the job done.

Unless...you're BO and you want homosexuals in the military.

I remember that story!!!

No doubt, which is why it's important and necessary to elect those who actually believe in following the Constitution to every level of government.

That said, even if a president tried to do things right and his own party wouldn't help him, he could still do a lot and make it difficult or impossible for the congress to make things any worse.

That's better than a president who is willing to work with congress to continue the bad things and make them worse.