• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Video: What's the Big Deal about the King James Version of the Bible? By Sam Gipp

• Members

You my friend are a corrupt vessel (sinner) and carry the word of God within you but, since you are corrupt...so is the Jesus that is in you...I guess that makes perfect sense to you.

The truth is in you but, since it resides next to the corruption of sin within you, the truth within you is corrupt. It cannot be used to lead or point someone to Christ. Therefore you can never carry out the commandment of the Lord Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19.
Apples and Oranges 1Tim... When I preach Christ, I do not point to a corrupt Christ. I point to the sinless Christ.

Please show me, using the Alexandrian text translations that they preach the same Christ I do.

If you can, I will gladly admit I am wrong. But as yet, every Alexandrian text translation I have read paints Christ as being sinful.

Apples and Oranges 1Tim... When I preach Christ, I do not point to a corrupt Christ. I point to the sinless Christ.

I won't let you off that easy. According to you and your theory the salvation message of an EV although completely in agreement with the KJV can't do the same thing it can unless read from the rice paper of my Cambridge Wide Margin KJV.

So, since you are a sinner, as I am, if the Gospel of Christ read from a KJV slips off your or my lying tongue, it cannot save because of the corruption within us. Your logic is unreasonable, your denying the power of the Holy Spirit.

• Members

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

When one tells another that Christ died, was buried, and rose again, it is important that one also tells who Christ is. There re many antichrists in the world. Which Christ was it that died, was buried and rose again? Again, it is not the Christ of the Alexandrian text translations (although they make the claim that it is)

When the Alexandrian text translations say Christ died, was buried, and rose again they are not speaking of a sinless Christ. They speak of a sinful one as is evidenced by their texts. They are not presenting the Gospel, bur a lie because it is not the true Christ they say died, was buried and rose again.

• Members

Again, you fail to see that the Jesus those translations point to is a sinful man and cannot save. Their version of 1 Corinthians 15 and Romans 10 is their testimony of the Jesus their Gospel's portray. Their 1 Corinthians 15 and Romans 10 is not testifying of the Christ portrayed in the Antiochian text translations.

They are presenting another Jesus, another Gospel. In their Gospel, they portray a Jesus that died, was buried and rose again, but is also a sinful man.

You fail to realize the fact the Jesus the born again Christian is presenting is the Jesus who saved them, not some other Jesus, and the Gospel is the Gospel and the Holy Ghost can, does and has used the Gospel in various wordings to bring the lost to salvation in Christ.

• Members

I was saved when I was 10 years old at a Methodist camp meeting. In all honesty, I have no idea what version of the Bible was used that night. I did not question it because I did not know it was an issue. It was the message of surrendering my life to Jesus Christ and my need of a Saviour that the Holy Spirit used to prompt me to accept Christ as my Saviour. As I grew in Christ, I began to understand the differences in the Bible versions and am 100% convinced that the KJB is the word of God while other versions merely contain portions of the word of God. I do not know if the NIV, RSV, or any other version was used that night, but I do know I was saved.

Edited by chapabel

• Members

I was saved when I was 10 years old at a Methodist camp meeting. In all honesty, I have no idea what version of the Bible was used that night. I did not question it because I did not know it was an issue. It was the message of surrendering my life to Jesus Christ and my need of a Saviour that the Holy Spirit used to prompt me to accept Christ as my Saviour. As I grew in Christ, I began to understand the differences in the Bible versions and am 100% convinced that the KJB is the word of God while other versions merely contain portions of the word of God. I do not know if the NIV, RSV, or any other version was used that night, but I do know I was saved.

Likely as not the Bible used was the RSV as that's been the main Bible for Methodists for several decades now.

So long as the Gospel is being presented and the one telling the lost of Jesus is born again in Christ, then the Holy Ghost can and does bring the lost to salvation in Christ.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. When one tells another that Christ died, was buried, and rose again, it is important that one also tells who Christ is. There re many antichrists in the world. Which Christ was it that died, was buried and rose again? Again, it is not the Christ of the Alexandrian text translations (although they make the claim that it is) When the Alexandrian text translations say Christ died, was buried, and rose again they are not speaking of a sinless Christ. They speak of a sinful one as is evidenced by their texts. They are not presenting the Gospel, bur a lie because it is not the true Christ they say died, was buried and rose again.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I’ve taken the liberty to rewrite the above to go along with your supposition.

Go ye therefore (reading from Antiochian text translations), and teach all nations (from Antiochian text translations), baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (reading from Antiochian text translations):

Teaching them to observe all things (written in Antiochian text translations) whatsoever I have commanded you (but only within Antiochian text translations): and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world (only if your salvation was the result of words from Antiochian text translations). Amen.

I'm certainly glad when the Lord returns he won't have to speak using the Antiochian text translations.

I’m not attempting to be ridiculously silly. I want you to understand what an extreme position you’re taking which is impossible to defend.

15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Philippians 1:15-18

1 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:
2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Proverbs 14:25 A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

• Members

A born again Christian wouldn't be presenting a false Jesus. The Holy Spirit would not let him do that.

Jesus said that the Comforter would guide us into all truth. I guess He must not be doing His job, considering the amount of "Christians" out there that He allows to continuously teach or preach the sinful Jesus found in the Alexandrian text manuscripts.