• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Video: What's the Big Deal about the King James Version of the Bible? By Sam Gipp

• Members

A you have said, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. One can present the Gospel (Word of God), which is found in most (if not all) Bible versions, and the Holy Ghost can and does use this to bring folks to salvation.

Now, what they do after salvation, what Bible they choose to study, can have a dramatic impact upon their walk, but if they diligently seek the Lord in this matter He will guide them to growth through the KJB.

Too many men have been saved before the KJB was available and in lands without the KJB for folks to not be able to come to Christ without the KJB.
It is not the Gospel if it is pointing to a different christ. A study of the Alexandrian manuscripts reveal that they are not preaching Christ Jesus, but rather a lying Jesus, a sinful Jesus. They do not preach the true Gospel, but rather another Gospel.

• Members

For one Bible to say Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and rose again and also to say Jesus lied to his brothers reveals that the one they claim died, was buried and rose again was not the pure spotless lamb that takes away the sin of the world.

It would be no different than me saying the Jesus that saved me had an earthly father named Ahab and an earthly mother named Jezebel.

Both would be lies.

The Jesus that saves is spotless, sinless, and well qualified to take away sin through the shedding of his own blood.
The one that is a liar is not.

It's not really that hard to understand. What these translations based on the Alexandrian texts have done is taken Gospel truth and tainted that Gospel with lies making that Gospel a lie itself. Their Gospel is pointing to the Jesus they write of in their translations... a lying sinful Jesus, no different from fallen man because he himself is fallen.

It is not the Gospel if it is pointing to a different christ. A study of the Alexandrian manuscripts reveal that they are not preaching Christ Jesus, but rather a lying Jesus, a sinful Jesus. They do not preach the true Gospel, but rather another Gospel.

I'll cut to the chase...Neither Peter, Philip, or Paul used the KJV or one of the versions to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Knowing (KNOWING) that Peter and Paul could never have used the exact same words each time they preached the gospel. Why would you strain at this gnat?

My point is you can preach the gospel without the KJV. I wouldn't listen to you reading texts from other than the KJV but, I would support your effort to give the Gospel message.

I personally know there were people who used close but different versions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in witnessing in the early centuries after Christ ascended and they were successful.. Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

Did Philip, Peter, or Paul preach the same Christ found in the Alexandrian text? or did they preach the Christ of the Antiochan text?

Paul warned the Church at Galatia:

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The fact of the matter is, though they did not have a KJV (an impossibility in itself) they did preach the true Christ... and warned against any other Gospel and any other Christ.

I am not straining at a gnat at all. I am pointing out the fact that though the Alexandrian text translations may appear to preach the Gospel, the reality is they present another Gospel... one of which a sinner dies for man's sins.

It is an impossibility to get saved looking to a lying and sinful Christ... which is exactly what the Alexandrian text translations point to.

Did Philip, Peter, or Paul preach the same Christ found in the Alexandrian text? or did they preach the Christ of the Antiochan text?
Yep agree there preaching Gospel would have agreed with Antioch.
Paul warned the Church at Galatia:

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
I will not argue against scripture. We need to keep in mind scripture, with the exception of the letters, was oral much of the time.
The fact of the matter is, though they did not have a KJV (an impossibility in itself) they did preach the true Christ... and warned against any other Gospel and any other Christ.
Yep agree.
I am not straining at a gnat at all. I am pointing out the fact that though the Alexandrian text translations may appear to preach the Gospel, the reality is they present another Gospel... one of which a sinner dies for man's sins.
But if there is enough gospel there to present Christ in truth then neither of us would limit the Holy Spirit.
It is an impossibility to get saved looking to a lying and sinful Christ... which is exactly what the Alexandrian text translations point to.
If it were me and the truth were there I could point it out to an unbeliever; and I believe you, with your knowledge of the errors, could too. The rest is up to the Spirit.

• Members

Though I agree with SFIC in regards to the danger of the new versions and their depiction of Christ, I have to disagree concerning the salvation argument. Yes these versions portray Christ as a sinner, liar, etc; yet the unlearned sinner doesn't know this when he is presented with the gospel. I personally believe that the presentation of the gospel - the how and method of presentation - are of dire importance. Yet my question still is: does a lack of understanding of the Word, an incomplete presentation of the gospel and the version used take away, bind or stop the Holy Spirit from working in the life of the receiver at the moment of salvation when they believe on Jesus to save them. They are not believing in the Jesus of the KJV, CEV, NIV, NASV, etc, they are basing there believing on the cross of Christ, the Jesus who died and rose again. Most, if not all at least have that right - He was sinless, He died, He rose on the 3rd day, man's a sinner, etc. I again state that I would stake my life on the fact that most who read these versions would be shocked to see the evidence of these false teachings, yet sadly they do not look for it nor see it when it's right before there eyes. The funny thing is that most non KJV advocates still use the gospel presentation use by KJV believers for the last 400 yrs, though these denominations now use new versions, the majority of these churches started out with the KJV 100 yrs ago and still adhere to the same basic gospel mesaage, even if their other doctrines have gone astray.

• Members

One cannot lead another to Christ with a perverted Gospel that points to another christ. It is an impossibility.

That would be like me telling you to look at the hippopotamus at the zoo and all the while pointing to a polar bear.

By the way, with my knowledge of the errors, I would not be using a perverted gospel to point one to Christ. And neither should any christian. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

You say all we have to do is tell them Christ died on the cross? Great.

Now tell me, which Christ was it that died on the cross? Was it the Christ of the Alexandrian text translations? or the Christ of the Antiochan text translations?

See, you can't just leave a person hanging. You have to tell them who Christ is. If you say He is the Son of God who was able to go to the cross because He was sinless, then that disqualifies the Christ of the Alexandrian text translations.

If you don't specify who Christ is, you could be leading the hearer into error. There are many false christ's in the world even now. You must present the true Christ else you are not effective in your witness.

• Members

Most people who present the Gospel are not going into detail about other matters within the Bible no matter what version they may hold in their hand. Those who are born again in Christ and sharing the Gospel are sharing the same Jesus who saved them, not some false Jesus that one may be able to find in some MVs or elsewhere.

• Members

Most people who present the Gospel are not going into detail about other matters within the Bible no matter what version they may hold in their hand. Those who are born again in Christ and sharing the Gospel are sharing the same Jesus who saved them, not some false Jesus that one may be able to find in some MVs or elsewhere.
But if the "Gospel" they are presenting is the Gospel of the Alexandrian text translations, then they are presenting "another Gospel" and not the Gospel of the true Christ. One cannot be saved using those Gospels that are found in the Alexandrian text translations.

Now, it is possible that they can make one desire to know who Jesus is, but until they believe the true Gospel, they cannot be saved no matter how much one tries to say they can.

• Members

Not adding requirements at all.

Did not Jesus tell the Jews, "if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins"?

One must believe in the true Christ, or one will die lost. The true Christ is not in the Alexandrian text translations. Those translations present a false christ, one that is a sinful man. And that christ also said if one does not believe in him one will die in his or her sin.

The good news presented in the Alexandrian text translations turns out to be deceiving news. The christ being presented is not the Son of God, but rather a deceitful man.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

If I was trying to win someone over to the Lord using one of the Alexandrian text translations, and they accepted my statement that Christ died for their sins, was buried, and rose again, the Christ they would be believing would be the Christ found in the pages of that translation I was using. They either reject the Christ you present, or they accept him.