• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Video: What's the Big Deal about the King James Version of the Bible? By Sam Gipp

• Members

I think it's a great too. It brings it about in a simple way to understand, without being offensive. If you have a blog, I'd encourage you to put it on there.

I don't have a blog, but my husband does....the link is in my signature. I don't know how to get into it to post, so I need to "rattle his cage" when he gets off Skype. I already shared it on Facebook.

• Members

Still have not received any answer from Dr Gipp.

Thought I would explain what I disagreed with in the video.

What I disagree with is his statement that a person can get saved with one of the Alexandrian text translations. I disagree with that statement because of the fact that every single one of those translations misses the boat as to who Christ is. Sure, the majority of them may say He is the Son of God. But many also make that same Christ they say is the Son of God to be a liar (removing the word yet from John 7:8), in danger of the judgment HImself (removing without a cause from Matthew 5:22), many remove the virgin birth, many remove the deity of Christ, etc.

The Holy Bible was written by inspiration of God as the Holy Ghost moved man to write. Given that, would the Holy Ghost have presented to mankind a sinner as their sacrifice? Would He have told us to trust a liar to save us? I don't believe He would.

So yes, I do have a problem with one saying that one can be saved using the Alexandrian text translations.

If the christ presented is found to have sin in any way, shape or form, then that christ is not and cannot be the Son of God. That christ is an antichrist, having many features of the real Christ, enough to deceive some into following him, but not the real Christ. A subtle imitation of the real Savior.

• Members

Jesus gave an example of what we are to do with those who do not quite quote the Gospel word for word.

"And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us." - Luke 9:48-50.

You do not have to know all of the Bible to lead someone to Christ, that is what Dr. Gipp is saying, We know the death, burial and resurrection to be the Gospel, that is the Gospel. The second a person gets saved they can tell another how to get saved by giving their testimony, without having known any of the Bible other than how to get saved. (Example the woman at the well, the lame beggar in from of the Temple, as soon as they got saved they ran to tell others, not knowing anything else, but how Jesus saved them). All anyone needs to be saved is to know that Jesus died to save them and that only He can save them. Now, once they receive Christ, that is when they need to learn which Bible is the true Word of God. That is how I look at it anyway.

• Members

Still have not received any answer from Dr Gipp.

Thought I would explain what I disagreed with in the video.

What I disagree with is his statement that a person can get saved with one of the Alexandrian text translations. I disagree with that statement because of the fact that every single one of those translations misses the boat as to who Christ is. Sure, the majority of them may say He is the Son of God. But many also make that same Christ they say is the Son of God to be a liar (removing the word yet from John 7:8), in danger of the judgment HImself (removing without a cause from Matthew 5:22), many remove the virgin birth, many remove the deity of Christ, etc.

The Holy Bible was written by inspiration of God as the Holy Ghost moved man to write. Given that, would the Holy Ghost have presented to mankind a sinner as their sacrifice? Would He have told us to trust a liar to save us? I don't believe He would.

So yes, I do have a problem with one saying that one can be saved using the Alexandrian text translations.

If the christ presented is found to have sin in any way, shape or form, then that christ is not and cannot be the Son of God. That christ is an antichrist, having many features of the real Christ, enough to deceive some into following him, but not the real Christ. A subtle imitation of the real Savior.

In actual point of fact a person could be saved without the scriptures at all as long as the gospel was presented to them accurately and they repented and believed on Christ. As far as your criticism of the MV's, those criticisms are valid, but since one does not require a complete and accurate understanding of bible doctrine in order to be biblically saved, those flaws are not generally of consequence when it comes to salvation. Salvation is not meant to be extremely complicated or difficult to understand. It is basic, it is simple, and the MV's do not corrupt the truth to such an extent that gospel is completely lost and changed into a lie. What they do is mess up enough truth so that a contradictory mess is created where scripture no longer interprets scripture much of the time. The deeper into bible doctrine you go the worse it gets. What ends up happening is that the Holy Spirit only has a cumbrous, dull, chipped sword of questionable metallurgy to use instead of a sharp, quick and powerful two edged sword to use in the life of the believer or the lost person. Now that said, the Holy Spirit, being a talented swordsman, can do a lot even with a lousy sword given the chance, but why handicap him?

• Members

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. In order to be saved, one must believe that Christ died according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, and that He rose again according to the Scriptures.

What christ is the Alexandrian text translations presenting? One that lied? Can't be the one that died according to the Scriptures. One that was a sinner like us? Can't be the one who died according to the Scriptures.

Sorry, I just don't buy it. The christ of the ATT's is a different christ,

• Members

If I was lost and someone came to me trying to present Christ using a translation from the Alexandrian texts, they would not be leading me to Christ at all. Sure, the ATT's tell a person to believe that Christ died, was buried and rose again according to Scripture, but the fact is, that Christ that they are presenting is found to be a liar, a sinner, not virgin born, etc., and cannot save me no matter how much I believe in him.

They may as well be telling me to trust John Doe down the street.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ