• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Horse Meat

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Some of the 'exotic' meats I've eaten....
Deer, buffalo, elk, squirrel, quail, dove, wild duck, wild rabbit, wild hog, gopher tortoise, softshell turtle, river mussels, crawdads, alligator, and cow's tongue and various 'mystery meats' at Chinese restaurants. Have a go at it, Invicta, you can do it! :)

Deer and buffalo and elk aren't exotic - they're par for the course around here! ;) I actually grew up eating venison instead of beef.

• Members

Deer and buffalo and elk aren't exotic - they're par for the course around here! ;) I actually grew up eating venison instead of beef.

Yeah, I grew up eating squirrel, quail, rabbit, deer and other wild game.

When my Dad was growing up they ate just about every part of the cows and hogs, including the brains.

• Members

Some of the 'exotic' meats I've eaten....
Deer, buffalo, elk, squirrel, quail, dove, wild duck, wild rabbit, wild hog, gopher tortoise, softshell turtle, river mussels, crawdads, alligator, and cow's tongue and various 'mystery meats' at Chinese restaurants. Have a go at it, Invicta, you can do it! :)

Deer, buffalo, elk, squirrel, wild rabbit, wild hog, snapping turtle, crawdads, alligator, and and various 'mystery meats' courtesy of the U.S. Navy... :) Never ate horse but I have eaten like a horse before. I will be having bear later this month.

• Members

HAAAAHAHAHAHAAA
Don't it always taste like chicken?

We have recently been eating road kill. I kid you not. My son was driving along the road a few weeks ago and found a 7 point buck, freshly killed...still warm. He threw it in the bed of his pickup, brought it home and we skinned it out. Don't taste like chicken though...but it's delicious. :)

• Members

I don't think I could eat shellfish these days.

As children we used to like winkles and cockles. I had an uncle, who when he came to visit brought us a pint of winkles. We used to get them out of the shell with a needle, and my uncle used to make us laugh by sticking the black pads all over his face.

I was ever so ill once, after eating cockles, I thought I was dying, and it put me off of shellfish for ever.

Edited by Invicta