• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

a Marine Corp General's Thoughts on War

• Members
I read just a bit about General Butler sounds like a very smart man, & that he knew what he was speaking of having been there in the middle of war & being a highly decorated soldier.

Jas 4:1 ¶ From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

I agree with this quote he supposedly made, “a gangster for capitalism,” & “War Is a Racket,” it fits in very good with the above verses from the Bible.

However, if a country is defending them self, I can see going to war. But attacking another country without 1st having been attacked by them, is a no on.

And I can see helping another country that’s under attack.

• Members

John, Let me ask this.

When you were going to school did not the teachers paint a picture of this United States as being a country that always did the right thing on ever matter?

When you got older did you bubble get busted when you found out that picture pained by your teachers was a forgery.

• Members

John, Let me ask this.

When you were going to school did not the teachers paint a picture of this United States as being a country that always did the right thing on ever matter?

When you got older did you bubble get busted when you found out that picture pained by your teachers was a forgery.

Yes! We were taught that America was basically perfect. The way history was taught was very selective to make it seem as if America was always right and anyone who didn't agree was wrong.

When I actually started reading and studying things on my own and found out what I was taught in school was mostly lies my bubble was burst big time.

It's a shame that even in Christian school books most of the old lies are still being taught. There are very few Christian school books out there that actually attempt to teach history as accurately as possible. Most follow the method I saw in school where history is used to try and paint America as a super righteous nation, with most Christian history books also trying to make America appear as a super Christian nation.

• Members

Oh, and they teach America is this great nation in K-12 so as to counter the filth you'll receive in college about how terrible America is.

They no longer teach America is a great nation at any grade level. For the most part, American history is the realm of liberalism and political correctness in K-12 and colleges.

• Members

Ro 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I hear many, both lost & saved people, that openly boast, brag, how great & good this country is.

As for me, I will let God make the judgment of what country is better than all other countries. He is much better at that than I am, besides, I feel sure all citizens of this country like myself, that makes the boast on how much better, greater, this country is than all other countries are very impartial, bias, prejudice, prepossess.

With all the openly boasting of how great this country is, I can see why other countries would come to hate this country, its difficult to love someone, or even a country, that his not humble.

Many of us have not learned to be humble, yet Jesus set a perfect picture of being humble.