• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beth Moore's Ecumenical Philosophy

• Members
(first published February 9, 2005) (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

Beth Moore is one of the most popular female Christian speakers and authors. Her Bible-study books have sold more than 4.5 million copies. Her Living Proof Live conferences, hosted by LifeWay (Southern Baptist), draw thousands of attendees.
Christian Reader magazine called her “America’s Bible Teacher.”

In disobedience to 1 Timothy 2:12, she teaches a co-ed Sunday School class at First Baptist Church in Houston, Texas. The Scripture says, “But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.” According to this verse, women in the churches are forbidden to do two things. They are forbidden to teach men and they are forbidden to usurp authority over men. Many of the popular speakers today, such as Beth Moore and Billy Graham’s daughter Anne Lotz, though they are not pastors, disobey the Scriptures by teaching mixed groups of men and women.

Moore’s meetings are attended by people from “every denomination,” because she “doesn’t get caught up in divisive doctrinal issues” and “steers clear of topics that could widen existing rifts between different streams in the body of Christ” (Charisma, June 2003).

This is the unscriptural “positive-only” ecumenical philosophy that is so helpful in furthering end time apostasy and building the apostate one-world church. Paul exhorted Timothy not to allow any other doctrine, but Mrs. Moore knows better than to be so intolerant and narrow-minded (1 Tim. 1:3).

Moore’s worship leader, Travis Cottrell, “has a uniquely fresh approach to worship that brings the church together,” an approach “that permeates every denominational wall” (LifeWay Christian Resources web site).

View the full article

• 2 months later...
  • Members

"Show me a godly woman, and I'll show you a woman who pursued godliness. Show me a spiritual man, I'll show you a man who pursued the things of the Spirit. This WILL NOT come to us accidentally!" - Beth Moore

True, oh, some of them women may call their self Christian speakers, yet in reality, they preach, I hear a few of the on the radio from time to time. One thing for sure, they're not following Jesus, if they were they would trust & obey, instead of being in disobedience.

• Members

"Show me a godly woman, and I'll show you a woman who pursued godliness. Show me a spiritual man, I'll show you a man who pursued the things of the Spirit. This WILL NOT come to us accidentally!" - Beth Moore

I might need help with discernment on this. From Robot's post I would be led to believe Beth Moore is ecumenical nut job. I read this quote that John posted and I believe what Beth Moore stated. I prayed on it and have re-read it several times, but I still believe it is a truthful statement. Am I missing something? If it was posted to show that Beth Moore, like a broke clock, can be right sometimes, than I guess I am ok. If it was posted to further the proof that she is a nut, than I need help with it.

Sometimes I feel I finally made it to steak or maybe a hamburger, and other times I feel I don't need to be on milk but I need to go all the way back to baby formula.

God Bless,
Rob

• Members

One of the ladies in our church "taught" Beth Moore's Believing God study. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I was able to see some of the video and look over the workbooks. From what I saw and read......

* She's another Joel Olsten -- modivational speaker who knows how to manipulate an audience. Her rapid, machine gun, type of delivery gives no time to pause and think about what she's saying. From what I saw, she came across as a highschool cheerleader at a pep rally, rather than a ,mature in faith, woman leading other women to a closer walk with Christ.

* Her study was full of gimmicks. One was that for 10 weeks the women were to wear a blue bracelet made from ribbon or yarn, as a reminder of their Beleiving God committment. (Prayer bead bracelets ??)

* While this study was underway our pastor gave a sermon which included putting the past behind you after you come to the Lord. Your sins have been washed away. Don't dwell on them. Instead, move forward and look forward in your new life with Christ. One of the sections of Moore's workbook was to break down your life into sections and do an analysis of same. At the time, when I read this, I called it scraping the scabs off old wounds rather than letting the Holy Spirit heal them.

* On a side note, I had to go to Lifeway about the time this study started. Beth Moore was being heavily promoted all over the store. In your face display when you walked in the front door for her newest releases. Plus, an isle dedicated to all the merchandise "stuff" with her name on it. Also, I'm on the Lifeway mailing list. It usually has "specials" on her merchandise. Here's one from the current mailer.

Save 50% $12.49 Sale! So Long, Insecurity. Quote: One of the biggest issues women face is their own insecurity. Best-selling author Beth Moore speaks truth into the lives of readers and shows them how to deal with their innermost fears, rediscover their God-given dignity, develop a whole new perspective -- and possibly a stronger sense of self.

Stronger sense of self .... think about it for a moment.

* Evidently no one challenged anything in the study while it was underway. I didn't hear any discussion of the subject matter nor any negative reaction to it. Ladies were full of praise for a great class. They were talking about how much they were enjoying the sessions. The only complaint that I heard was how much "homework" had to be done in the workbooks each week. (Look up Bible verses and fill in the blanks, apply "the Greek" from Strongs' references, etc & etc.)

I pray that the women who went through this "study" let (asked) the Holy Spirit lead them through this minefield of stumbling blocks Moore put into their walk of faith. After all she promised that each one would experience a miracle in their lives before the 10 weeks were complete if they "Believe God".