• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

There is a joy God does not approve of

• Members

There is a Joy that disappoints God and Jesus.
What am I talking about?
When we rejoice when An athlete froma team we dislike is severely injured or somebdy we do ot like becomes gravely ill, that joy is an insult to God or Jesus.
When we behave unmercifully we fail to exhibit goodness,gentleness, empathy or loving kindness towards the person who is ill or injured.
Then we are dabbling in the flesh, namely hate
This saddens Jesus and The Holy Spirit.
It is imperative that we exhibit loving kindness, mercy, and compassion
We also need to pray for the person, just in case they do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
We also need to ask God to forgive us for our attitude.
Written by Janna B

Edited by Angelmiss49

• Members

Its amazing the Christians that goes nuts over sports, especially football, high school football is the god of our town, & the god that many Christians seem to worship in theses parts, & while worshiping it they sure don't act Christ like. Especially when they're boing & name calling when they thing an official made a bad call.

• Members

Its amazing the Christians that goes nuts over sports, especially football, high school football is the god of our town, & the god that many Christians seem to worship in theses parts, & while worshiping it they sure don't act Christ like. Especially when they're boing & name calling when they thing an official made a bad call.

Jerry you said a mouthful. Watchinga football game or baseball game is not as important to going to church and showing God respect and love.Who came first God, Jesus, or football/sports?
I have seen pastors cut a sermon short so the members could see a football game.

• Members

No doubt there is something wrong in the heart of one who rejoices at the injury, ill or misfortune of others.

That's one of the things I've long disliked about some sports. A person on the other team will get hurt and some will cheer, some will talk with their friends about how good a thing that is and others will whisper their delight, yet all have evil in their heart in what they are doing.

• Members

Jerry you said a mouthful. Watchinga football game or baseball game is not as important to going to church and showing God respect and love.Who came first God, Jesus, or football/sports?
I have seen pastors cut a sermon short so the members could see a football game.

And to think, superbowl Sunday is coming us, how many churches will be invaded by superbowl Sunday?

And I know of church member that have asked the sermon to be shorten so that they can get home in time without missing a single play of 'the big game.'

I feel many such people only use God & His Son as window dressing placed around the outside edges of their life in order to try to have a cloak of respectability.

A quote:
Religion is the best armor a man can have, but it is the worst cloak.

• Members

And to think, superbowl Sunday is coming us, how many churches will be invaded by superbowl Sunday?

And I know of church member that have asked the sermon to be shorten so that they can get home in time without missing a single play of 'the big game.'

I feel many such people only use God & His Son as window dressing placed around the outside edges of their life in order to try to have a cloak of respectability.

A quote:
Religion is the best armor a man can have, but it is the worst cloak.

Jerry , I have heard preacher say that they wanted to shorten the sermon for Superbowl Sunday. You andI know this doesn't sit well with God.
With all of the VCRs DVRs etc, you can recorda game and watch it later. That would please Jesus. Edited by Angelmiss49