• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should be rejoicing

I guess I would just hate to wait for a result after years if there is a way to prevent that result. In short, I'd like to be proactive instead reactive if possible.

The most proactive approach I've ever heard of is praying after the message has been given.

Of course, you can look for a way to followup with an individual. Matthew 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

But, you have to start somewhere. (1) For love of the Savior. (2) Because we are commanded. (3) Love of those who are lost. I'm not saying you lack it. On the contrary, these are the reasons and that is why you're asking now. Are you involved with church wide visitation? If you show up on a Thursday you will be welcomed. If you need some training tell someone in advance (visitation pastor/leader, or your pastor, or SS teacher) you would like to go but want to be paired with an experienced person.

If you have experience then just go with your wife or pair up with someone at your local church and take some visitation cards. Or, work with the visitation program at your church and develop an outreach which fits you.

You have all the authority you need to go. Get prayed up, confess any sin before you go (even that tiff between you and your wife...if thats the case), remember who you're going for.

• Members

The most proactive approach I've ever heard of is praying after the message has been given.

Of course, you can look for a way to followup with an individual. Matthew 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

But, you have to start somewhere. (1) For love of the Savior. (2) Because we are commanded. (3) Love of those who are lost. I'm not saying you lack it. On the contrary, these are the reasons and that is why you're asking now. Are you involved with church wide visitation? If you show up on a Thursday you will be welcomed. If you need some training tell someone in advance (visitation pastor/leader, or your pastor, or SS teacher) you would like to go but want to be paired with an experienced person.

If you have experience then just go with your wife or pair up with someone at your local church and take some visitation cards. Or, work with the visitation program at your church and develop an outreach which fits you.

You have all the authority you need to go. Get prayed up, confess any sin before you go (even that tiff between you and your wife...if thats the case), remember who you're going for.

Thank you. Yes, I am trying to get more involved with our Tuesday visitation/soulwinning program. I have been a few times now and was hoping to get some insight on the quick prayerism. Thanks again for your post.

• Members

With Quick Prayerism there is usually little if any focus on the importance of knowing and the necessity of repentance.

Repentance in the Bible means admitting to having broken God's laws and being sorry for doing it. Repentance in the Bible means to turn around and change directions, it means to surrender to God's rule and receive Christ as one's only Savior. Finally, repentance is not a change of life but of the mind about God and sin that results in a change of life.

I'm sure we all know many who believe that Christ died for their sins, go to church and pray and generally act like Christians but were never born again because they did not repent; they still live like the world.

• Members

With Quick Prayerism there is usually little if any focus on the importance of knowing and the necessity of repentance.

Repentance in the Bible means admitting to having broken God's laws and being sorry for doing it. Repentance in the Bible means to turn around and change directions, it means to surrender to God's rule and receive Christ as one's only Savior. Finally, repentance is not a change of life but of the mind about God and sin that results in a change of life.

I'm sure we all know many who believe that Christ died for their sins, go to church and pray and generally act like Christians but were never born again because they did not repent; they still live like the world.

Yes, and this is why I asked the question. I haven't noticed a desire to explain the repentance (change of mind) portion of getting saved.

• Members

Yes, and this is why I asked the question. I haven't noticed a desire to explain the repentance (change of mind) portion of getting saved.

This is why there are so many walking around today who believe they are okay with God because they said a "sinners prayer" at some time in their life. That's all it was, a "prayer", more like just words because they were not based upon the Gospel, no conviction of sin, no repentance, just saying something more with the idea of it being like an insurance policy, then on with their lives as before.