• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Carnality Test

• Members

I too grasp the meaning for everything written but the gun confused me about why it was in there. I think that we all need to look at our selves when dealing with any matter. WHile some are openly sinning that does not mean that we are all without sin. We are human and we need to make sure we keep up with our own sins before talking about others.

I read my bible more then my husband does that does not make me a better christian then him since he likes to read a chapter and think about it for a few days. Were I read more then one chapter a day and I dont think about it for that long of a time.

I think that the test was posted should have all of us questioning if there is any thing standing between us and Jesus ,such was the case of the young man that didnt want to give up his money to follow God but he did everything else right. So there can always be one thing that stands between us and God. One thing for sure since reading and doing the test I realized were I could be starting to let things get in the way even though they were not on the list.

True, but several seemed to be busy picking apart the speaker.

• Members

True, but several seemed to be busy picking apart the speaker.

I haven't said anything personally about the original poster, and neither has anyone else. Nobody has picked apart anything other than the idea that a specific list of questions does not establish whether or not somebody is carnal.

• Members

Yes, & those questions will help a person take inventory of their life. And after all we need to take inventory, examine out self, from time to time. I would suggest answering them to your self, & I feel sure Irishman was not asking anyone to answer the questions publicly, but privately. I am also positive he was he attempting to make a single member of this group seem worldly to every other poster.

Sleep is sweet when you lie down knowing the Savior is watching over you.

No one has offended me. But its amazing at the picking the list a part that has taken place. I can only imagines the thoughts & murmuring that takes place when 'great preaching' is taking place that brings forth convictions one has to many ties to this world that we are supposed to have overcome.

• Members

I don't own a gun, I have never owned a gun, I don't know anyone who owns a gun, except one friend who owns a powerful .22 air rifle.

Around here most people own guns. This is a very rural area and most people hunt a lot. When I was younger I used to go hunting with my Dad but since he can no longer hunt because of his health I don't go any more. Dad really loved hunting, I mostly enjoyed spending time with Dad as we hunted.

• Members

Wednesday evening service was great tonight...a very good message on what is required for revival.

Praise God!

Our Wednesday night Bible study didn't happen last night because some of our people were dealing with surgery of family members and couldn't make it. It was only myself and my associate pastor. We had a good 40 minute talk and called it a night.

• Members

Please read the original post closely. I did not say anything about "owning" guns, I have severl myself! I asked if you depend on it for your security (basically), as God is our protector and not a gun. By the way what merchandise do you have that is worth taking a human life for? What would Jesus do? Or Paul?

• Members

Please read the original post closely. I did not say anything about "owning" guns, I have severl myself! I asked if you depend on it for your security (basically), as God is our protector and not a gun. By the way what merchandise do you have that is worth taking a human life for? What would Jesus do? Or Paul?

Matthew 5 gives a good answer.

• Members

irishman,
Guns. There are some clarifications I would like to make with you and some comments. The comments are just my thoughts and my thoughts alone. I'm not going to exhort anyone to do what I do.
Your question:
11. Do you sleep with a gun for protection?
--How much do you trust in the gun to deliver you?
I said:
Yes, I do it's loaded! One in the chamber and a full clip.
I was convinced when someone said, an unloaded gun is like an uncharged fire extinguisher (do you own a fire extinguisher?)
I trust God to deliver me I trust the gun will fire when God is telling me to use it.

Clarification: I don't actually sleep with the gun in my bed, I just want to make sure that isn't what you meant. I do sleep with the gun beside me in the same room as described above in my answer.

Comment: I am persuaded applying the "God is my protector" releases too many from the responsibilities God gave them. I am responsible for the lives of others in my home, I will not deny the faith or be worse than an infidel. I am to provide spiritually and physically in a secure and safe home as God gives me talent and ability.

​My family is not merchandise (I know you didn't mean that). I will shoot to kill anyone who invades my home with intent to harm mentally, physically, or disturb the well being of my family (or me). I am also, within the laws of my state in protecting my home. I hope God never presents me with a trial concerning this.

Questions: When is the last time you checked your fire extinguisher to insure it was fully loaded and ready to extinguish a fire? Have you made sure the roof on your house keeps the rain off? Have you checked the air in your car/truck tires lately? Is there insulation in the walls of your home? Do you have insurance against visitors accidents on your property?

• Members

I wouldnt shoot somebody over merchandise but I would over my children.

I see what you are saying though I dont rely on the gun to protect me since it is basically a tool that will reguire someone to actually pick it up to use it. I know that we are suppose to put our trust in God but Im married to a man that watched his mother get killed when a man broke into her house. So for my husband he wants to protect us since he couldnt help his mother since he was young.

My husband keeps my car in good shape and if I have a tire that has a low tread left he buys me a new one. I dont think that just because we rely on God to protect us that we shouldnt look out for our family and ourselves.

• Members

I snuggle my wifey, and when my side gets sore I roll over and snuggle my AK-47. Oh yeah. It's good to be an American.

Ahahahaha......

Just kidding, but if I could afford an AK I just might.... I have a really sweet 10-22 that looks like an assault rifle and I have a couple of 25 round mags. Great for ridding the local farming world of furry underground terrorists.

Edited by Rick Schworer