• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is this true?

• Members

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Luke, Chapter 13, 32: And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

1. Was there anything that was not perfect with Jesus in any way before he was crucified?
2. What was not perfect about Jesus that he had to become perfected?
3. According to this Jesus was not perfect till he had risen from the grave.
Is this true?

• Members

Quick answer: 'perfect' in the Bible often has the idea of 'complete, finished.'. Jesus was perfect in the sense of being holy, without sin at all times. His work of salvation, though, and Himself as the sole Author of our salvation, was not completed - perfected - until He rose. By His death, He paid the penalty of our sins and redeemed us - salvation from the penalty of our sins in hell. By His resurrection, He demonstrated victory over the power of sin in our life - sanctification. A full salvation! that was not complete - perfect - until He rose.

• Members

possible consideration - He was perfectly sinless yet still in the flesh as a man, after the three days He was resurrected in a new "perfect body. We are born in sin and Jesus had to be born as man to be a acceptable sacrifice for that sin, so HE was perfect, but the body He was born in was not, only after His resurrection was He "completely" perfect - hope I am making sense here. An example of the rapture where we are made perfect with new bodies and complete in Christ.

Edited by 2Tim215

• Members
Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Luke, Chapter 13, 32: And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 1. Was there anything that was not perfect with Jesus in any way before he was crucified? 2. What was not perfect about Jesus that he had to become perfected? 3. According to this Jesus was not perfect till he had risen from the grave. Is this true?

Hebrews 5:9 and Luke 13:32 from the Greek Strong's G5048 - teleioĹŤ

1) to make perfect, complete
a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end
2) to complete (perfect)
a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full
to be found perfect
3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed
4) to accomplish
a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event
1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

In both of the verses above perfect means completed. As Sarah says above and as Christ said on the cross recorded in John's Gospel chapter 19 verse 32... "It is finished"

Jesus, the Christ, and very God completed the earthly work he came to do.

John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

By his blood shed at Calvary our sins are forgiven if we receive him as our Lord.

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"
Revelation 1:6 "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

• Members

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Luke, Chapter 13, 32: And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

1. Was there anything that was not perfect with Jesus in any way before he was crucified?
2. What was not perfect about Jesus that he had to become perfected?
3. According to this Jesus was not perfect till he had risen from the grave.
Is this true?

Matthew, Chapter 5, 048: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

At what point in his life did Jesus become perfect even as his Father which is in heaven is perfect?

Was it before he was born? Was it after he was born? Is this a commandment? If so who is it to? Did Jesus have to become perfect as a man like us? Or did he start out perfect? If he was perfect to begin with why would he ask us to be perfect when we were not perfect to begin with? Or were we also perfect to begin with?

• Members

Hebrews 5:9 and Luke 13:32 from the Greek Strong's G5048 - teleioĹŤ

1) to make perfect, complete
a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end
2) to complete (perfect)
a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full
to be found perfect
3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed
4) to accomplish
a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event
1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

In both of the verses above perfect means completed. As Sarah says above and as Christ said on the cross recorded in John's Gospel chapter 19 verse 32... "It is finished"

Jesus, the Christ, and very God completed the earthly work he came to do.

John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

By his blood shed at Calvary our sins are forgiven if we receive him as our Lord.

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"
Revelation 1:6 "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

1. Was there anything that was not complete with Jesus in any way before he was crucified?
2. What was not complete about Jesus that he had to become completed?
3. According to this Jesus was not complete till he had risen from the grave.

Is this true?

• Members

per·fect
   [adj., n. pur-fikt; v. per-fekt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPAadjective
conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type: a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman.
excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement: There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.
exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose: a perfect actor to play Mr. Micawber; a perfect saw for cutting out keyholes.
entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings: a perfect apple; the perfect crime.
accurate, exact, or correct in every detail: a perfect copy.

Origin:
1250–1300; < Latin perfectus, past participle of perficere to finish, bring to completion

The Bible calls Jesus the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The thing is; Jesus is eternal; He is what He has always been. But what Jesus did on earth took place in the confines of TIME. And "when the fullness of TIME was come" he completed the performance of what he already was..........the sacrificial lamb. He did not come up short or incomplete, Jesus went all the way until He said those words; IT IS FINISHED. Notice He said that when He DIED; not after he had been buried and resurrected. Why? Well, for one thing, He already WAS "the ressurection and the life". He was already sinless, righteous, holy and God in every way He already was the way, the truth, the light and eternal life..When Jesus took His last breath on that cross, He had finished and completed His purpose for all time.