• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Indiana mom forces son to wear 'I lie, I steal' sign on street corner

• Administrators

That is my kind of Mom. From reading the article you can tell that this is not the first time her son broke the law. It is nice to see parents willing to do something to change their child's illegal behavior. Now, how the son came to this point in his life while living in the house, could be another story.

• Administrators

That's actually more common here in IN than any other place I've lived. We've seen kids on street corners with signs that say what they do...and sometimes it's been a judge's order, not just parents. I applaud that: I'm not a real fan of humiliation to discipline (in a school system), but if someone is a chronic offender, it could shame them...and many times shame brings remorse and change.

• Members

Sounds like something should have been done LONG before this. I don't agree with public humiliation in general (its a tactic my dad enjoyed). There's a reason her son is in all that trouble, and I find it hard to believe a sign is gonna change it now.

On the other hand, the people who called the police need to mind their own business. The mom was standing right there. No abuse, nothing to see...move along.