• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Panetta: Troops in Graphic Video Will be Punished

• Members

Should we expect better from a dechristianized military that serves a dechristianized government that proudly declares America is NOT a Christian nation?

For lost soldiers on the battlefield it's long been a part of psychological warfare to humiliate the enemy when possible, including the treatment of enemy dead. This is why American soldiers were stripped and drug through the streets in Somalia.

The sad fact is, our military and most of our soldiers are as lost as the Taliban. We shouldn't be so shocked when the lost act like the lost. Without Christ, wickedness prevails.

• Members

They should be handed over to the Taliban.

:shootme: A little perspective here... Is doing such a thing beneath the dignity and character of the american military? yes, but the soldiers have been at war and war frequently increases hatred of the other side. They have seen their buddies killed & maimed by those people, and they have been exposed to the culture in that part of the world which is physically filthy, extremely corrupt and dishonest, and pointlessly brutal by american standards(not that america is perfect but the difference is great enough there is quite the culture shock). As a result of such things a number of soldiers end up hating/despising the people over there which leads to things like this on occasion. What does the ememy do to our guys bodies in such situations? Not that justifies anything per se but it certainly leaves the Afghans little room to complain. Things like this should be dealt with at a fairly low level. Those involved should have received a reprimand & or discipline from their commanding officer to enforce more dignified and proper behavior and that should have been that. No need for a media circus. It is a perfectly natural behavior for fallen man to disrespect and defile the bodies of their enemies out of hatred and a desire for vengeance. It is a behavior that should be repressed, but it is not exactly hard to understand or sympathize with.

• Members

I wonder what the other side does that we don't read in the local news? That is not to justify bad behavior, but what our men are facing is mind boggling, and men find different ways to vent and express their anger and frustrations. Let's give our guys a break and realize that perverse atrocities occur on both sides--the difference being ours are aired for all to see. It is a plot to undermine America, even in the eyes of it's own people.

• Members

Extreme maybe but, I don't expect our troops to fall to the ground in tears and lament the loss of their enemy. I guess being retired military I see things a little differently. When this was done in WW II there was no youtube around. You couldn't see what having your buddies insides dripping from your brow might do to a man who is without God.

"And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives." A Few Good Men

"And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:" Deuteronomy 7:2

War isn't what you expected is it?

• Members

Americans, whether servicing in Federal government at Washington elected & or appointed, or in the military, are doing enough by their selves to undermined this country, so that there is no need of a plot.

And those that do such things lets not give them a break, lets punish them to the full extent of the law, showing the world we will not put up with such ugly behavior, & showing those that follow in the ranks if they do such wrongs that they too will be heavily punished.

If we give them a break, playing it down, placing icing on on top of it, trying to make look pretty or disguise, camouflage it, that will only encourage more of that or even worse behavior.

Yes, we will crumble from within, corruption brings down a nation, with no need of plots against her, & yes if there be plots, it will only speed up the process.

• Members

War is a hideous pastime which has been with us since Cain slew Abel. War no matter how it is portrayed in literature, art, and history is not a gentleman's sport. To the elite it is a means to fame and fortune. To those who stay at home while their brother's are cast in harms way as cannon fodder it is a glorious crusade. To those who are forced to participate it is kill or be killed. How dare those who sit at home in safety judge the men they put in harms way.

God bless,
Larry

• Administrators

Yes, what those marines did was tasteless. Not criminal, but tasteless. I agree with Allen West:

"

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu.

Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors bein

g killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah. All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill.

Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment),

place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their

Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps

Hymn without a teleprompter. As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is __."

• Members

Amazing at the wrongs, sin, people will defend, & in the name of God. Even saying I dare you. Yes, simply amazing.

And there is no reason for such behavior, and because others do it, that still is not a legitimate excuse & does not make it right.

Its never right to do wrong, never!

And its never right to do wrong to bring about right, never.

Defending wrong is just as bad as doing wrong.