• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Smashed my car

• Members

I was going to a friend's house last night. I was in the left lane on the freeway, and as I came around a bend, I saw a car in front of me completely stopped. I didn't have time or space to switch to another lane or stop in time and smashed into the back of that car. My bumper was almost torn off, the radiator and support went in, both of the headlights are out, the hood is wrinkled up, the right fender is smashed, windshield cracked, and airbags deployed. Amazingly the airbags didn't even touch me. I walked away with only a bruised knee (I don't know if there are any internal injuries yet). Praise God I'm still alive and in one piece, but please pray that I can get all the legal stuff taken care of, that I can get enough money to cover everything and a new car, and pray for me and the people I hit not to have any serious injuries. Thanks.

• Members

Things can happen so fast.

Once years ago coming from California to Arkansas, coming down the hill on I-10 that goes though Las Cruces, New Mexico, I was in the left lane going quite fast, I could see a car in my lane up ahead of me a ways. Them I head the words come over my CB radio, "18 Wheeler, that car in the left lane is stopped, setting dead still."

Thankfully I heard it, & instantly got on my brakes, yet I still did not have time to stop, I run off of the shoulder on the left side, it felt as if my truck was going to turn over, I was loaded with lettuce from the front of the trailer to the rear, stack to within 2 to 3 inches of the celling. But somehow I did not turn over, and got back on the interstate. I looked in my rearview mirror and the car was still setting there, them I saw it start moving towards the right lane.

After recovering a bit from the shock I put my right turn signal on & pulled off on the right shoulder of I-10. When my foot hit the ground I thought it was going to collapse under me, I had to hold on to my truck to keep from falling. Them here comes the car that was setting dead still in the left hand lane, passing by me as if nothing had happened.

I will never forget those moments, it could have been a disaster if it had not been for the warning I received on my CB radio. In my years of truck driving I saw many wrecks, & I had several incidents that was so close to being bad news.

Hope & pray all will turn our well for you.