• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Know of any cities in need of Baptist church?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Not that I'm any example, but the last place I'd look to for God's direction as to the precise place he would want me to preach or start a church would be on an anonymous Internet forum.

I would think that like Im4Given said it would be most advisable to ask the Almighty Himself!

Yes, I agree with you. I have prayed for and beleive God wants me to search out those cities that don't have a Bible preaching Baptist church. I have already printed out maps for certain states and have started the process of seeking God's direction on what city/state. All I have asked this forum is just for cities that you KNOW do not have a church in it. Thanks again!

You asked about North Carolina, Brother Chad? Check out Concord, NC...just west of Charlotte. The only IFB church they have in that city is one that does NOT have the Baptist tag on the front of the church. Under the sign it says Independent Baptist. The name of the church is Concord Bible Church. As far as I know, it is the only church, in that area, preaching IFB doctrine? I hope this helps you. God bless. :smile

BTW, Concord, NC is a VERY large city. It is the location for NASCAR. :-)

• Members

Where we live in North Carolina there are no IFB churches!!!!! We are "making do" with a Baptist church 20 miles from our home. The people are very nice, the music is good, and the pastor is a Godly man who is very intellectual and has much wisdom and Biblical knowledge. But he is a teacher, not a preacher. A pastor should be both. The church supports a few missionaries but there is absolutely no fire, no organized soul-winning, no nothing. The people don't even say amen for anything. Some of the ladies wear slacks when not at church and that grieves us too. There is another Baptist church 20 miles away in another direction. The music is good, the pastor preaches fairly well, but there are a couple of problems with that church too. And that is it. When we moved down here over a year ago we assumed there would be a good Baptist church in every town. We were totally stunned to find out there is not!!!! North Carolina is not a Bible-belt state any longer!!! CJP56.

• Members

Not disagreeing with NC, but many churches are no longer conservative in their teachings. And if he is looking for a church that teaches against pants on women, then that number drops dramatically. That would be true anywhere in the US.

Here in Southern, MI, there is only 1 church in a 45 minute radius of where I live that would meet his criteria and I wouldn't classify this church as a good church, just one that meets his criteria.

• Members

I like the idea of staying in your home area and asking your own home church to help you with starting a "sister church" in a neighboring town/city. Of course you must do God's will if He wills you go elsewhere. But I just personally believe this is the ideal way to begin a new church - by another neighboring church "birthing" a new church and having some of the people break off to help build the sister church. Our church has done this, and now the two churches have sweet fellowship together now and then, and the area outreach is all the more bigger!

• Members

Thanks for all your inputs on the areas you know about. I didn't realize that a church is looked at negatively when they don't teach against women wearing pants?? Please don't post for or against that position, I have searched this site and seen lots of pages concerning it. Thanks again for all you that posted. Happy a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Moderators
Most anyplace in North Carolina!!!! There is a great dearth of IFB churches here and it is very frustrating. CJP56

??????????????????????????????????????????????????DEARTH??????????????????????????

I have a data base of over 8800 Ind Baptist churches in the US - the majority (over 600!!) are in North Carolina. The 2nd highest figure is Tx, 3rd highest is Va.

Idaho has 25, New Hampshire and Vt together have less than 50.

In a 120 mile radius of me are only 9 IBC and yet over 150 towns and cities.

Really want a list? Willing to not be a wimp and to not cut and run in 10 yrs? Willing to work a job,if need be, while pastoring? Willing to minister instead of expecting to be ministered to? IM me (or email cwm1611@yahoo.com ) and I will take the time to compile a list for you in west Ks, east Co, west Neb.

If you're gutless, hen-pecked, semi-commited, or lazy --don't bother. If you want to start a work and not go "career building" - the laborers are few.

• Members
You asked about North Carolina, Brother Chad? Check out Concord, NC...just west of Charlotte. The only IFB church they have in that city is one that does NOT have the Baptist tag on the front of the church. Under the sign it says Independent Baptist. The name of the church is Concord Bible Church. As far as I know, it is the only church, in that area, preaching IFB doctrine? I hope this helps you. God bless. :smile

BTW, Concord, NC is a VERY large city. It is the location for NASCAR. :-)

Bright Light Baptist Church in Concord, NC, is a very good IFB church. I have been there for campmeeting in the past.

In Christ,
PreacherE