• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Urgent prayer needed please.

• Members

I don't ever ask for help, but I have been accused of something that I didn't do, a misunderstanding that has become serious. This being Africa I was almost locked up two days before Xmas, which would have ended in my rape or being beaten to an inch of my life in the cells overnight - this is no joke. Pls can all pray that God's will be done in this, whatever His will may be.

A note to all men:

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

You never know when something you say or do can be taken the wrong way. Or racial differences cause a misunderstanding. Or when you upset someone and they falsely accuse you.

At the moment we believe it is an extortion scam and are hoping that the charges disappear or are dropped. Corruption is rife here.

Tim

• Members

Praying...

I've been falsely accused myself and the pain of such false charges coupled with the waiting was very difficult but the Lord used that time to draw me closer to Him. The problems I dealt with were with corrupt "officials" in America so I wasn't facing as big a potential for the major problems which could face you in jail or prison.

• Members

Praying...

I've been falsely accused myself and the pain of such false charges coupled with the waiting was very difficult but the Lord used that time to draw me closer to Him. The problems I dealt with were with corrupt "officials" in America so I wasn't facing as big a potential for the major problems which could face you in jail or prison.

Thanks John. Yes, the waiting is the worst part, but I have never been closer to God and my wife as I have been during this time - God is great!!

• Members

Thanks John. Yes, the waiting is the worst part, but I have never been closer to God and my wife as I have been during this time - God is great!!

Amen!

God greatly used Psalm 103:1-5 to help me during that time.

Psalm 103:1-5

1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

I had a difficult situation once and these helped...

Sometimes the going gets rough but I have the promises of God.

Job 30:16 And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.

Jeremiah 8:18 When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

I have you on my prayer list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I would like to thank all for their prayers. Over a month now and nothing, so my lawyer advises that I should not worry as it seems that the police have dropped it as I should have heard something by now. Obviously they had no evidence and the charges were false and seeing that I was prepared to fight they backed off.

Me, I believe it's as "simple" as God answering prayers!!