• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Catholics Come Home

John81

• Members

What kind of home is that? Talk about dysfunctional? And deceptive!

I grew up Catholic and I hated it, my parents were divorced so my mother was not welcome in the church, but they welcomed her money. We always had to sit in the back as if we had some kind of plague. Do this, don't do that, eat this, don't eat that or you will end up in hell. Hail Mary's and Our Father's, confessing to a priest, but only if you took their mind controlling classes. What a mess! I remember when I was a teenager and went to a summer Bible school program, what I had learned about Jesus,I told my mother what I learned and got punished for telling lies, which I found out were truths.

I walked away from the church as an adult, it took me a while to find out the truth, but think it was a blessing from God because it kept me from being corrupted even more and I would be in hell had I died before getting saved.

You know, the Bible says, it is better not to have known righteousness than to know it and live in sin. Now, I know the truth and although I had to suffer a bit to get to the truth I am so glad I did. It taught me a lot and Praise God for His patience and longsuffering in waiting for me to come to my senses. I am blessed to be an Independent Baptist!

I suppose, if, that is if Baptist Churches handed out such punishment, which they don't, the punishment would be you would have to set in front pews, for most Baptist people set in the back, & seems to be very allergic of setting in the front pews. Least that has been my observations of having been in quite a few different Baptist churches.

• Members

I agree.

It's funny though, seems that only the ones causing the most disturbance during the service sit in the very first two rows of the church...lol. Gotta love new converts, it can be quite a joy to watch them grow, especially the ones who never stepped foot into a church before. The hope is that they are actually listening, most of them only last a month or so, or until they get baptized, I find. Stupid devil, that's what it is.

• Members

I don't know about that, the ones I have seen that disturbs everyone is in the back, & it seems they think no one can hear them.

You were not here when I told about the pastors wife playing with her grandchild. She finally gave him a fiction car, he held it down against the church pew, gave it a swift push, with the wheels spinning at a high rate of speed, held it up against his grand mothers hair, the wheels grabbed her hair, pulling the little car up tight against her head. & from the sound that came from her mouth, the hair those fast turning wheels were pulling it hurt very bad. It was an unforgettable moment.

:runforhills:

The next Sunday the wife & I moved to the 2nd pew from the front on the right hand side. Them we were never disturbed by her playing with her grandson.

• Members

Wow. I guess we all have some stories to tell, brings to mind a day before we began our Wednesday night service.

As we were finishing up our weekly Sunday school teachers meeting and the teens were practicing for the choir, a guy that just started coming to the church shows up. He starts screaming through the church, walking in all the rooms, screaming things about him being Jesus. It was pretty scary, my brother and another guy had to try to coast him back to the front of the building, but nothing was working. The cops came and had to drag him down, and all this was going on as people started coming into the church for the service.

• Members

I've seen these commercials on other channels than Fox News. I believe it was the discovery Channel that I first saw the Catholic Come Home propaganda.

They are very slick and if one isn't paying close attention it isn't clear what the commercial about until one is really well into the commercial.

The slickest aspect of the commercials is that not only does the commercial serve it's open point (that of reaching out to wayward Catholics trying to draw them back into the RCC) it also promotes propaganda to the masses in general. Those unknowing "learn" that the RCC is "the church Jesus started" and also that the Bible "comes from the RCC". Very slick how they hit multiple audiences and spew their propaganda to anyone listening all at the same time.

• Members

Yep, it's just like the Mormons, I remember growing up and seeing the commercials for the church of Christ, they were so inviting. Then when I realized that it was all fake I got mad because here they are using our Savior's name and all they are doing is corrupting it.

I have a website that I use to promote true Christianity, I have a page that I am working on that show how false religion takes a little bit of God's truth and twists it, making people think they are telling the truth. Saw this one page about RC trying to say that purgatory actually came from the Bible, using Scripture.

Praise God that Hi foolishness is wiser than men! "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" -I Corinthians 1:25-27.

• Members

Yes those Mormon commercials are slick too. They present themselves as Christian, even offering a free Bible.

Makes me think of what I've read of Mitt Romney's wife. She wasn't a Mormon and didn't want to be one, but Mitt convinced her and they are married and she loves the Momon "church" now. How easily we can be led astray!

• Members

Yea, we have had a lot of new converts, who were coming to our church for a while get dragged into Mormonism, they knock doors like we do and offer free meals to the families. What new Christian trying to find their way is going to turn down a free meal? It takes a strong faith in God's Word not to fall into their corruption.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah I seen that not sure what channel at my parents house in 2009 at Christmas time and I was very upset because they said see the Catholic Church is the true church and all that garabage.
As you can see I am back I have cooled off but, I had a bad Christmas with my Catholic family :bawling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw this commercial. It doesn't surprise me because they have gradually adopting some of the protestant ways. They truly believe that they are the original church and that the Bible originated with them because that is what they are taught.

Catholics have adopted the use of terms once only common among "Protestants", such as "born again" and "in Christ". Yet what they mean by such is vastly different than what the Bible teaches.

There are even Charismatic Catholics who have adopted aspects of the Charismatic movement.

The RCC has always adopted aspects of various religions in order to draw the people to them. Through most of their history this has meant adopting various pagan religious aspects into catholicism. Today they are doing the same thing by adopting certain aspects from among the "Protestant" churches for the same reason.

What a shame to see so many falling for this.

• Members

Some years ago, we met a man in France nwho had been in a charismatic RCC. When he came to Christ he joined a charismatic church. He said "The doctrine was different, but the spirit was the same." He then became a baptist and later on began a monthly baptist meeting in his village where formerly there was only a RCC.

• Members

Some years ago, we met a man in France nwho had been in a charismatic RCC. When he came to Christ he joined a charismatic church. He said "The doctrine was different, but the spirit was the same." He then became a baptist and later on began a monthly baptist meeting in his village where formerly there was only a RCC.

Now that's an interesting journey he made!