• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Catholics Come Home

John81

• Members

Has anyone seen the Catholics Come Home commercials on Fox News?

In the commercial the narrator says Catholics compiled the Bible and they are the church Jesus started.

The one I saw started out looking like it might be a Christmas commercial but it was actually this commercial reaching out to Catholics who have strayed or left the RCC, trying to bring them back into the fold.

In the process they promote the myth we wouldn't have a Bible if it weren't for the RCC and the RCC is THE church Jesus started.

• Members

It is probably true that the RCC did help to preserve the bible as did the apostate Jews in the OT. But it also helped to corrupt it via the vatican texts.

No doubt the RCC was involved in preserving early copies of Scripture, but the idea that they are the ones who gave us the Bible is false. This is especially true when some in the RCC push this concept further and declare we would have no Bible today if they hadn't given it to us.

Yes, for certain the RCC has been a corrupter of Scripture and the interpretation of Scripture. One of their key means of doing this was to work hard to prevent average folks from being able to read the Scripture for themselves. The RCC waged persecution, murder and wars in their attempts to prevent common folks from being able to read Scripture and to prevent those outside the RCC from putting forth Bibles in common languages.

• Members

As for the Bible being preserved, God did that. And that's just like the RCC to take the glory, instead of giving all glory to God.

And of course, with the RCC not based on the Bible, they will stoop to any level to promote their man made church while blocking the entrance of heave for many.

• Members

It's a shame to see them making such slick commercials to try and draw more lost folks into their folds where they will have their eyes further clouded.

There is also the bad trend of so many professing Christians turning from "Protestant" churches to the RCC. Including formerLutheran and then Baptist Newt Gingrich who had such a great religious experience and got so close to God that he decided to join the RCC. To think many professing Christians are actually thinking of voting for this man for president knowing all this and that he cheated on two previous wives while they were suffering from serious illnesses and he's on his third wife now.

• Members

There's many out there that has silver tongues, & can convince almost anyone that listens to them to join them in their walk away from Jesus & Bible truths.

That is one good reason to be careful who you listen to & what books you read. I'm extremely careful about who I recommend to anyone, what church I recommend & what book I will suggest.

And I am shocked at what some Christians I know when they talk about what they call great TV preachers.

• Members

I believe that Fox TV is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who donates millions to the Catholic Church. Here is an interesting article from Battle Cry (the Chick Publications Newsletter), November/December, 1999

http://www.chick.com...999/murdoch.asp

Rupert Murdoch, Papal Knight, Publisher of NIV, Donates $10 Million for New LA Cathedral

Issue Date: November/December 1999

Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch recently made a $10 million contribution toward the construction of a new Catholic cathedral in Los Angeles. Murdoch has wide holdings in the movie, TV and publishing industries including Fox Television, 20th Century Fox Films, London Times and New York Post newspapers, Harper Collins and Zondervan publishing companies.

But the fact that his TV stations and movie productions are some of the sleaziest, did not stop Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahony from anointing him and his wife as members of the Pontifical Order of St. Gregory the Great in January, 1998. This knighthood, bestowed on behalf of the pope, is given to persons of "unblemished character" who have "promoted the interests of society, the [Catholic] Church and the Holy See [Vatican]."

Besides this strange connection, there is an even stranger one. Murdoch is Chairman and Chief Executive of News Corporation which lists as one of its holdings, Zondervan Publishing House, the designated publisher of the New International Version of the Bible (NIV). Although the NIV copyright is held by the International Bible Society, Zondervan has exclusive publishing rights.

Is it just a coincidence that the distribution of the most popular of the modern Bible versions, based on the corrupted Roman Catholic texts, is controlled by a man who contributes heavily to Catholic causes and holds a papal knighthood?

It is also curious that since Murdoch was knighted for his "unblemished character" that he abandoned his wife of 31 years and married one of his "dynamic, tall and gorgeous" female employees who is half his age. When Cardinal Mahony's office was asked if the knighthood honor would be revoked, a spokesman replied, "As far as I know, once you've got it, you've got it for good."

It appears that as long as someone continues to "promote the interests of society, the Church and the Holy See" character blemishes can be conveniently overlooked. Especially if it includes donations in the $10 million range and distribution of the major Bible "perversion" based on Roman Catholic manuscripts.

This could be the reason for all the "Catholics Come Home" commercials on Fox News. I checked youtube and CatholicsComeHome.org has alot of videos posted there.

• Members

Has anyone seen the Catholics Come Home commercials on Fox News?

In the commercial the narrator says Catholics compiled the Bible and they are the church Jesus started.

The one I saw started out looking like it might be a Christmas commercial but it was actually this commercial reaching out to Catholics who have strayed or left the RCC, trying to bring them back into the fold.

In the process they promote the myth we wouldn't have a Bible if it weren't for the RCC and the RCC is THE church Jesus started.

What kind of home is that? Talk about dysfunctional? And deceptive!

I grew up Catholic and I hated it, my parents were divorced so my mother was not welcome in the church, but they welcomed her money. We always had to sit in the back as if we had some kind of plague. Do this, don't do that, eat this, don't eat that or you will end up in hell. Hail Mary's and Our Father's, confessing to a priest, but only if you took their mind controlling classes. What a mess! I remember when I was a teenager and went to a summer Bible school program, what I had learned about Jesus,I told my mother what I learned and got punished for telling lies, which I found out were truths.

I walked away from the church as an adult, it took me a while to find out the truth, but think it was a blessing from God because it kept me from being corrupted even more and I would be in hell had I died before getting saved.

You know, the Bible says, it is better not to have known righteousness than to know it and live in sin. Now, I know the truth and although I had to suffer a bit to get to the truth I am so glad I did. It taught me a lot and Praise God for His patience and longsuffering in waiting for me to come to my senses. I am blessed to be an Independent Baptist!

• Members

What kind of home is that? Talk about dysfunctional? And deceptive!

I grew up Catholic and I hated it, my parents were divorced so my mother was not welcome in the church, but they welcomed her money. We always had to sit in the back as if we had some kind of plague. Do this, don't do that, eat this, don't eat that or you will end up in hell. Hail Mary's and Our Father's, confessing to a priest, but only if you took their mind controlling classes. What a mess! I remember when I was a teenager and went to a summer Bible school program, what I had learned about Jesus,I told my mother what I learned and got punished for telling lies, which I found out were truths.

I walked away from the church as an adult, it took me a while to find out the truth, but think it was a blessing from God because it kept me from being corrupted even more and I would be in hell had I died before getting saved.

You know, the Bible says, it is better not to have known righteousness than to know it and live in sin. Now, I know the truth and although I had to suffer a bit to get to the truth I am so glad I did. It taught me a lot and Praise God for His patience and longsuffering in waiting for me to come to my senses. I am blessed to be an Independent Baptist!

Oftentimes these days it's common to hear preachers say there are many saved folks in the RCC. However, I've never known a Catholic who has been born again in Christ that didn't see the RCC for the evil it is, leave and find a true church serving Christ.

I'm thankful the devil didn't ensnare you in the RCC!

Me too! I run into so many people soul winning that think they are going to heaven because they are Catholic. There is no talking to them either.

Yes, I had one tell me to leave and..."don't die in the yard either!" I've always wondered what the individual was thinking when He said, "don't die in yard either."