• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Question about your pet

• Members

I was reading about tarantulas on Wikipedia, & found that many people have them as pets. I was wondering if any of my brothers & sisters in Christ here at onlinebabptist had a tarantulas for their pet?

I understand that a spider has been know to live as long as 49 years.

And maybe some of you did not know that tarantulas were available as pets at many pet stores throughout America & will be headed to your local pet store to get your next pet. That just might be the Christmas present you want to get to give yourself.

Merry Christmas

• Members

That's disgusting. haha.

I'm VERY surprised my sister allowed him to keep that tarantula, and then to spend money on buying a home for it and keeping it inside their house.

I had a cousin who owned a python or boa and he also had a giant lizard. Never went to his house.

• Members

I was reading about tarantulas on Wikipedia, & found that many people have them as pets. I was wondering if any of my brothers & sisters in Christ here at onlinebabptist had a tarantulas for their pet?

I understand that a spider has been know to live as long as 49 years.

And maybe some of you did not know that tarantulas were available as pets at many pet stores throughout America & will be headed to your local pet store to get your next pet. That just might be the Christmas present you want to get to give yourself.

Merry Christmas

Several years ago I kept one for a year or two that I caught in south texas. A coworker currently keeps one at work too.

• Members

Its been said that the average person eats a few spiders during their life time while they'er sleeping.

Now, does that give you the heebie jeebies? :)

Does it make cold shivers go up your spine? :blink:

I hear they're high in protein, little extra protein will not harm a person, will it?

• Members

Seth, Did you let that pet tarantula crawl around on your shoulder, arms, hands?

No, for one thing I have never been into handling pets that are better observed and not touched, for another thing the species I had was not as docile as some species are and it very well might have bitten me in fear had I handled it.

• Moderators

Its been said that the average person eats a few spiders during their life time while they'er sleeping.

Now, does that give you the heebie jeebies? :)

Does it make cold shivers go up your spine? :blink:

I hear they're high in protein, little extra protein will not harm a person, will it?

Eww!!! *shudder*