• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

FREE EBOOK TODAY - 15 Simple Steps to Losing Your Salvation

• Members

Hi everyone, I thought I'd let everyone know that the paperback is now available at www.truthandsong.com/store . It should be available on Amazon later this week. It is published by Daystar Publishing (Sam Gipp's company) and should be up on their site in a couple of weeks.

Most Christians think you can lose your salvation, and many Baptists still struggle with assurance. This book is written in a very pratical, loving, simple, and educational way to help just about any Christian. The truth of eternal security dovetails with so many other New Testament doctrines that I believe this is a book that can help any Christian. After all, without assurance of salvation how can you really do anything for the Lord? I've already had 122 books ordered so far, praise the Lord.

If you'd like more info on the book check out the promo page at http://15simplesteps.blogspot.com/

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

Not familiar with the book, but here's something I posted recently on another message board that may help a little:

Think about the consequences of rejecting the Biblical doctrine of eternal security for a moment. If we could really lose our salvation, then Hebrews 6:4-6 says that if we ever sin after being saved, we'll be lost forever with no way back, because the Lord would have to be crucified all over again to retrieve us. BTW, it only takes one sin to fall away, right? I mean, one sin before we're saved was enough to condemn us, so one sin after we're saved is enough to condemn us, right? Doesn't this make the New Covenant worse than the Old? Under the Old Covenant, the Israelites were condemned for their actions, but we'd be condemned for our thoughts.

Under the Old Covenant, under the law, the Israelites couldn't murder. We couldn't even be angry. They couldn't commit adultery. We couldn't even have a lustful thought. If you're right, then we lose our salvation by doing less in following the law than the Israelites did!

Is this really the Good News of Jesus Christ? Are these the riches of His Grace, that we have to live in fear of sinning? Are we saved by grace only to be placed under the constraints of an even more severely administered law?

And what of Romans 8:29-30, which says that God predestined those whom He foreknew to be conformed to the image of Christ. If we can lose our salvation and, thus, our conformity to the image of Christ, then does this mean that God's foreknowledge is wrong? That's open theism, which has historically been condemned as heresy by the Church.

How about Jude 24, which says that Christ is able to keep us from falling? If we can lose our salvation, does this mean that Christ is able to keep us from falling, but is merely unwilling? How is that consistent with the Biblical description of Christ?

What do you make of Colosians 3:1-4, which promises that if we have been save, we will appear with Christ in glory? It doesn't say "you might appear with Christ in glory, if you don't lose your salvation". It says "you will appear with Christ in glory". Done deal.

Philipians 1:6 promises us that if Christ has begun a good work in us, that He will finish it. How does He keep that promise if you believe you can lose your salvation?

How do you explain 1 Peter 1:23, which tells us that when we are born again, we are born of incorruptable seed? If we can lose our salvation, then this seed is corruptable and that promise is not true.

Like Colosians 3:1-4, 1 John 3:2 says that we are sons of God now and that when Christ appears, we will be like Him. There is no qualifier. There is no "...if we don't lose our salvation".

Titus 1:2 says that God has promised us eternal life and that He never breaks a promise.

In John 10:27-29, Jesus promises us that He has given us eternal life, that we will never perish, and that we are not only in His hands, but in the Father's hands. How is Jesus' promise in John 10:27-28 consistent with the idea that we can lose our salvation? Is Jesus really incompetent to keep those whom the Father has given Him?

John 5:24 says that if we are saved, we will not come into condemnation but will have eternal life? How can Jesus promise that we will not come into condemnation if He knows we can lose our salvation?

Romans 11:6 tells us that salvation is not by works. If we cannot be saved by works, then how can we lose our salvation by works?

John 14:16-17 tells us that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit indwells us forever. How can the Holy Spirit indwell in us forever if we lose our salvation? Since when does the Holy Spirit dwell in the unsaved?

Ephesians 1:13, 4:30 tells us that we are sealed unto the day of redemption. If we lose our salvation, then how can we still claim to be sealed?

1 Peter 1:4 says that our salvation is "imperishable, undefiled, and unfading". If our salvation is imperishable, how can we lose it? If our salvation is promised by God to be undefiled, how can we defile it?

• Members

Were did you get that saying? its one use ot hear quite often down here in the south.

I'm not sure, maybe when I lived down south! I lived in Georgia for three years as a teenager. I learned at that time that all carbonated beverages are to be referred to as a "coke." I also discovered grits and bisquits and gravy.

Happy birthday by the way! :) Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

I'm not sure, maybe when I lived down south! I lived in Georgia for three years as a teenager. I learned at that time that all carbonated beverages are to be referred to as a "coke." I also discovered grits and bisquits and gravy.

Happy birthday by the way! :)

Thanks, living 3 years down south gave you a good education. :)