• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

vote (ASAP) against Islam Day

• Members

Help vote (ASAP) against Islam Day (in Hawaii) in a poll being taken by a Hawaii paper - the results of the poll will be published so the more votes against it will help let Hawaii politicians know how people feel about their adopting the resolution.

Go to:

http://poll.starbulletin.com/

or if that doesn't work, try

http://poll.starbulletin.com/index.php

At present time the count is.

A) Yes 2931 53.04%
B) No 2595 46.96%

• Members

What great things has Islam done for America...or Hawaii, that Islam deserves a special day of recognition?

I don't recall any Muslim Founders or any major positive impact from Islam in America. True enough, early in our history Muslim pirates were raiding our ships and we eventually built a fleet, sent it after them and put a stop to that. For the past few decades Muslims have been committing acts of terrorism against America. None of this would seem to merit a special day of recognition...unless it were to point out the evils of Islam!

• Members
I don't live in Hawaii' date=' so am not represented by their Reps and Senators. So this has nothing to do with me. I should not try to influence how Hawaii votes on anything.[/quote']

It always happens in one state, them spreads to other states, like wildfire, haven't you noticed that?

• Members

But the Hawaii representatives and sentors represent citizens of Hawaii. If the citizens of Hawaii want that, that is fine by me. Why should my voice be listened to by a Hawaii politician? I should only expect my representatives to listen to me.

I certainly don't want individuals form other states trying to influence how my reps or senators vote.

• Members

I have no problems with Muslims in my State or homosexuals in my state working to get things done. However, I see no need to write a represenative in Hawaii. He will not listen to me, I don't live there. I should focus my efforts within my own state, as that is where I can get things done.