• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ron Paul--In God we do not trust

• Members
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/ron-paul-opposes-resolution/2011/11/04/id/416869

Ron Paul is dangerous. He believes in States' Rights so much so that if they were to throw away God and embrace Sharia Law and make all federal judges wear burkas, he would probably do so.

States' rights are well and good, but at some point we must remain the UNITED states of America...and "In God We Trust" is the best uniting factor there is.

• Administrators

I don't like Ron Paul overmuch, but he is correct on this issue. It can be seen as a violation of the first amendment...I agree that we need to remain the United States, but states are sovereign...and we are too used to the feds dictating things to us that are not constitutional. Why the action by the House? The motto is still on the "money" we use. Personally, I think it was a stunt, and unnecessary.

Please note that he did say it isn't because he doesn't believe it...it's because the federal congress cannot (and we should not want them to) dictate this kind of thing.

• Moderators

Fine line, hair splitting technicality (maybe), BUT, re-read your Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution --- Federal gvmt has powers (not rights) vested to it, States have powers (not rights) vested to them (those not vested to Congress by aforementioned documents) --- all rights are possessed by the people (not gvmts). The issue is not State rights, but Constitutionally granted State powers. Rights are not controllable by outside influences, powers are controllable within the guidelines of the legal drafts and ultimately the people.

• Members

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that HC. :-) The Bible has been thrown out of everything else... I would think a "Christian" like Ron Paul would like to agree to keep it at least as our national motto.

• Administrators

He isn't throwing out the Bible. Read the first amendment...the House has passed this, but what are they gonna do when muslims get in the act? Or Hindu? There's a reason that the framers put that first amendment in there - and it had nothing to do with throwing out the Bible.

• Members

He isn't throwing out the Bible. Read the first amendment...the House has passed this, but what are they gonna do when muslims get in the act? Or Hindu? There's a reason that the framers put that first amendment in there - and it had nothing to do with throwing out the Bible.

Both good posts on this LuAnne.

Forgotten is the fact America was much more truly a nation trusting in God in the years prior to that becoming the national motto (only a few decades ago) than it has been since then.

True, this was a political stunt, similar to the stunt Bob Dole tried when running for president with his little Ten Amendments card in his pocket. For most, this is nothing more than show and tell, not an actual matter of trusting the one true God.

All of this reminds of Scripture when God declares that the people honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. In other words, they make a show of religion while living according to their will, not God's.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I don't like Ron Paul , i just got one of my friends posting things about him how good he is and he predicted stuff, anyone can put together something to make people believe on youtube. I want someone else , someone new, why can't we get someone new for a change?

We will only have a "choice" between a pre-approved Dem and Repub come election day. Neither dominate political party will allow "someone new" who won't bow to their agenda.

• Members

I don't like Ron Paul , i just got one of my friends posting things about him how good he is and he predicted stuff, anyone can put together something to make people believe on youtube. I want someone else , someone new, why can't we get someone new for a change?

We did that the last time we elected a president. I think the only choices we'll have is Obama, Romney or Write In.

• Members

We did that the last time we elected a president. I think the only choices we'll have is Obama, Romney or Write In.

Sad to say, but the only real choice we will have is to either vote for one of the "approved" candidates that will keep America going the same wrong direction, or not voting for one of them.

• Members

Sad to say, but the only real choice we will have is to either vote for one of the "approved" candidates that will keep America going the same wrong direction, or not voting for one of them.

am'i wrong about Rick Santorum? He is a good Christian guy I read and he wants to bring back made in America, he wants health insurance for all but not what Obama wanted. I know I said was staying out of this topic but, when i seen Rick Santorum it got me on fire for the election, I would like to vote for him instead of the others.

• Members

am'i wrong about Rick Santorum? He is a good Christian guy I read and he wants to bring back made in America, he wants health insurance for all but not what Obama wanted. I know I said was staying out of this topic but, when i seen Rick Santorum it got me on fire for the election, I would like to vote for him instead of the others.

For starters, he's not a good Christian guy, he's a Catholic.

Most of the candidates have stated they want to bring back "made in America" and most say they want Americans insured but unless they go against the Constitution that won't happen.

He can talk a good talk on certain issues, much like the other candidates, but if one looks at his record and his overall positions, he's not much different than the rest.

• Members

I think I am going to write in Bobby Jindel. He's a Born Again Christian. If BO gets in again I hope Jindel decides to run in the next election.

Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Ron Paul are all born again Christians too and all three of these ran for president this time and none of them received solid Christian support.

Instead of choosing a Christian candidate to support fully from beginning to end, Christians are now arguming among themselves as to whether it's best to vote for a flip-flopping, liberal-minded Mormon, or a serial adulterer, once Lutheren, then Baptist, now Catholic.

• Members

Well, if you didn't have to dig so deep into Ron Paul's website or google or whatever to find out he was a born again Christian...maybe he'd get support from more Christians. Of course, he'd lose most of the support he has now at the same time.