• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Unshackled Program

• Members

Just curious if any of you listen to it and/or know someone who's story has been dramatized on the program?

For those of you who don't know what Unshackled is, it is a radio program that dramatizes true stories of people who have been saved from all sorts of backgrounds including drugs, alcohol, immorality, rebellion, etc.

BBN broadcasts one of the Unshackled programs every night and it is such a blessing to hear the testimonies of these folks! It is on now, hence the original question. :coffee

• Members
I used to listen to it' date=' but haven't in a long while. Great testimonials![/quote']

We actually have/had an OB member - whom I haven't seen in awhile. He went through the "Unshackled Program." He was "crying out for help" on OB. Many of his questions were never answered. I know several people (myself included) who new his testimony - and tried to help him. I hope and pray he comes back to OB. He was ashamed to let many people know b/c he thought he would get "raked over the coals" by some people on here. Let's NOT forget that this is not the "unpardonable sin." As we know, the only thing that will send a person's soul to hell - is NOT believing on the LORD JESUS CHRIST. A sin - is a sin - is a sin... as they say.

I am glad that you posted this Bakers. I have heard wonderful things about the "Unshackled Program." I assumed :lol most of you knew about it. That's what "assuming" will do - lol "Unshackled" is nothing new. It has been in the USA awhile. John Tesh (who is married to actress - Connie Selleca) works with the youth in the "Unshackled Program." Connie Selleca lead John Tesh to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. I give "Unshackled" a HUGE thumbs up!!

Jesus enables US to "make a difference" :smile

The Epistle of Jude 1:23... And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. King James Bible

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

• Members
Just curious if any of you listen to it and/or know someone who's story has been dramatized on the program?

For those of you who don't know what Unshackled is, it is a radio program that dramatizes true stories of people who have been saved from all sorts of backgrounds including drugs, alcohol, immorality, rebellion, etc.

BBN broadcasts one of the Unshackled programs every night and it is such a blessing to hear the testimonies of these folks! It is on now, hence the original question. :coffee

I've listened to Unshackled many times and, while I appreciate the sincere spirit it's done in, it's really bad. We don't have a TV in our home, so we spend a lot of time listening to old radio shows like Amos and Andy, Jack Benny, Dragnet, I Was a Communist for the FBI, Phil Harris and Alice Faye, etc.

But Unshackled usually comes across as something you might hear on a radio version of Mystery Science Theater.

• Members

I've heard several of the testimonies produced by Unshackled and loved some and found others unbearable. Overall, my experience with Unshackled has been good, though.

I do know one man personally who had his testimony dramatized by them: Joe Jenkins. He was an aspiring comic book illustrator as a young man when some medical complication caused him to lose his vision to the point that he was declared legally blind. He could still see ever so slightly, but he got saved and decided not to pursue comics as a career, but with the progression of technology, he was able to begin producing many illustrated single-fold Gospel tracts. I attended high-school with his only daughter and we frequented the same church meetings, campmeetings, and revival meetings for years.

• Administrators
I've heard several of the testimonies produced by Unshackled and loved some and found others unbearable.

Can you explain? I guess I do not listen to it enough to understand what is unbearable in some. :duh