• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Words that sound safe are not.

• Members

The other day I was chatting with a classmate of mine at Facebook, who is a pastor. I told him something the Lord had taught me. Words that sound "safe" are not.
I told him that Children have no way of knowing that dufus, knucklehead, dingbat or meat head among others can get a child into trouble.
If the child calls his or her friend's mom, sister, brother, grandmother etc one of these words.This would get the child into trouble and cause him or her to lose a good friend He indicated to me that he thought that was amusing
Dufus, meathead and Knucklehead are synonyms for the word fool. Meathead is defined as someone who is dull or Stupid. Knuclehead is defined as being stupid. The same holds true for dingbat.
Proverbs 16:24 tells us Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul, pleasing to the ear.
Let go of all bitterness, wrath, clamor. and evil speaking. Be ye kind to one another. Even as God in Christ's sake hath forgiven us..
A soft answer turneth away wrath, grievous words stir up anger.
Matthew 5:22 tells us But I say to you whoever is angry at his brother without a cause is in danger of judgment. And whoever says to his brother Raca is in danger of the council. Whoever says thou fool is in danger of hell fire.
I reminded my classamte about the thou fool part of Matthew 5:22.
The Lord used this to help him understand that what he that was humorous was not humorous at all.
He thanked me for helping him to look at the situation from another perspective.

Edited by Angelmiss49

• Members

Something I was convicted of around 3 years ago were "by-words". I continually said the word "Geez" and never realized the reference to "Jesus". Don't remember the main message my Pastor preached but I do remember the "side preaching" on language and by-words. It took me probably 5 years after I was saved to completely clean up my language...of course, I am not perfect and still slip on occasion but it's the exception instead of the norm.

Clean language is important to protect your testimony IMO.

• Members

Why do children use such words - they do NOT sound "safe" to me? The trouble is, all such words are used by adults with emphasis, so they they stand out, & children pick them up without any thought of the meaning, except to express abuse.

• Members

Covenater society thinks the words are "okay" thus "safe" to use. That upsets the Lord Jesus Christ.
Society as a whole does not think that there are any consequences or pitfalls to using the words. If it was okay to say on tv by golly it must be "safe" to say around kids It is when their child, niece, nephew etc uses one of the words mentioned and gets a black eye as result of saying tone of the words mentioned or a word that is worse that they slowly begin to wake up and smell the coffee
I used to enjoy watching All In The Family until The Lord showed me tha the show wasn't as funny as I thought it was.

Edited by Angelmiss49

• Members

Why do children use such words - they do NOT sound "safe" to me? The trouble is, all such words are used by adults with emphasis, so they they stand out, & children pick them up without any thought of the meaning, except to express abuse.

I believe kids usewords that sound "safe" because they want to fit in with their friends. What they are not able to undersand, is that, the words that sound safe quote unquote hurt other people's feelings. If they don't go along with their friend's nee classmate's pressure to tease or ridcule somebody who is not as bless, they hear Two Little Love birds sitting in a tree. This happened to me as a second grader whenI tried to resist my classmates temptaions to make fun of a classmate who was obese.. When I stood up for my classmate, I was bombarded with two little love birds sitting in a tree. As this was occurring God was tryingto teach me tat there is no difference in me making fun of my classsmate's weight than if I were to say it to one of my loved ones who was obese or the techer we would havethe next year who was obese. The classamteI stood up for returned my kindness we were older stickig up to the kids who made fun of my eye that wonders, not to mention a medcial problem I had ad still have.

• Members

The other day I was chatting with a classmate of mine at Facebook, who is a pastor. I told him something the Lord had taught me. Words that sound "safe" are not.
I told him that Children have no way of knowing that dufus, knucklehead, dingbat or meat head among others can get a child into trouble.
If the child calls his or her friend's mom, sister, brother, grandmother etc one of these words.This would get the child into trouble and cause him or her to lose a good friend He indicated to me that he thought that was amusing
Dufus, meathead and Knucklehead are synonyms for the word fool. Meathead is defined as someone who is dull or Stupid. Knuclehead is defined as being stupid. The same holds true for dingbat.

Hmmm, I've been called all of them, at one point or another. Think it's a bit too late to call the cops on my mom? :ROFL:

heh... I am, FWIW, 39 years old. and I turned out halfway decent. ^_^ (I think.... :boxing: )

• Members

Hmmm, I've been called all of them, at one point or another. Think it's a bit too late to call the cops on my mom? :ROFL:

heh... I am, FWIW, 39 years old. and I turned out halfway decent. ^_^ (I think.... :boxing: )

I have been calledworse namesthan thoseI posted. The Lord will take cae of the people who were less than kind.