• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

• Members

Meanwhile most American Christians won't even go so far as to wear their hair in a biblical manner or be sure to attend church every Sunday. American Christians think they are being persecuted if someone even mentions such things.

I'm thankful we don't yet face such things as this pastor in Iran, but I can see why so many Christians from other nations pray the church in America may face real persecution in order to separate the sheep from the goats.

• Members

John, I was thinking along the lines that many of us would say its not important for us if death is at hand & we can save our self by denouncing Christ as our Savior that there would be nothing wrong with us doing this to save our life;

1. Our children or grandparents coudl not do without us
2. Our husband & or wife could not do without us
3. I could do so much more for God by saving my life & living than dying for Him
4. I'm just not ready to die, especially for my Savior
5. My church could not get along without me, there is no one there to take my place as song leader, teacher, treasures, deacon, pastor, plumber, & or what ever services one does for their church
6. The place were I work could not get along without me & if it shut down several families would lose their income
7. Plus surely Jesus would not expect me to give up the rest of my life just to prove my love & devotion for Him

'If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.' Matthew 9:23

At times that cross can be very heavy which makes it hard for us to deny our self.

If my memory serves me right I believe we had a discussion about this issue a few years back and someone stated Jesus would never expect us to die for His sake.

• Members

I just checked up on the status of this pastor in Iran and apparently the Iranian government is now saying he is being put to death for rape and extortion although the court transcript only makes mention of apostasy. Also, I guess they haven't put him to death yet. Most likely they'll wait awhile until everyone forgets about it then they chop his head off.

Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him. Hadith- Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57)

• Members

I just checked up on the status of this pastor in Iran and apparently the Iranian government is now saying he is being put to death for rape and extortion although the court transcript only makes mention of apostasy. Also, I guess they haven't put him to death yet. Most likely they'll wait awhile until everyone forgets about it then they chop his head off.

Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him. Hadith- Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57)

The main defense this man's lawyers put forth was that he had never been a Muslim. However, according to the court, since he was born to Muslim parents, he was born a Muslim and therefore the law applies to him.

I also heard on the radio news that this man's lawyers are facing potential trouble for giving such a good defense for their client.

• Members

The main defense this man's lawyers put forth was that he had never been a Muslim. However, according to the court, since he was born to Muslim parents, he was born a Muslim and therefore the law applies to him.

I also heard on the radio news that this man's lawyers are facing potential trouble for giving such a good defense for their client.

A bit like Catholicism in the past. I was reading that after the revocation of the edict of Nantes, in France, being a preacher or pastor condemned you to be broken on the wheel and then hung, not even a trial. Just for attending a service, men were condemned to the galleys for life and women were imprisoned in places like the Tower of Constance in a town called Aigres Morts (Bitter Deaths). When the last galleriens were freed the eldest was an 82 year old man and in the Tower of Constance was a woman of 52 who had been sent there when she was 8 for attending a service with her mother.

Rome has made no sectret of the fact that she would do it again if she had the power.

• Members

I to believe if the pope & his man made church had the opportunity thye would governor the world with an iron fist & bring back the penalties they once enforced for not being & or refusing to convert to their church.

Of course I once asked a member of the church of Christ if he had to power to tell every church in America what they can teach, would he make them teach the teaching of the church of Christ. He said, "Absolutely, & I would put a very stiff penalty for anyone that refused to accept the teachings of the church of Christ."

I asked would the penalty be death? He stated, "Probably not death, but it might make them wish for death."

• Members
Of course I once asked a member of the church of Christ if he had to power to tell every church in America what they can teach, would he make them teach the teaching of the church of Christ. He said, "Absolutely, & I would put a very stiff penalty for anyone that refused to accept the teachings of the church of Christ."

That statement makes him the infidel. The Scriptures are clear that the sword of justice is for government and not the churches.

• Members
I think we might be surprised at how many churches & church members would feel as the church of Christ member I mentioned did.

They put blind faith into the speaker/preacher and do not test his words against the Scriptures. The lost "liberals" love a "cult of personality". They govern by emotions with little or no actual use of their intellect.

• Members

That statement makes him the infidel. The Scriptures are clear that the sword of justice is for government and not the churches.

You get around this like all the Popes and John Calvin did. You say that the church is the kingdom of heaven and because of this all the kingdoms of the world fall under the authority and control of the church. Then you can proceed to use the government to butcher in the name of Christ. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

It seems to be an ever changing story of what this man did. Maybe they're busy trumping up accusations. I fear that in the end they will murder him whether he is innocent or guilty.

Yes, they are accusing him of being guilty of all sorts of things that were not even a part of the court case. Fox News reported that under Iranian law, they can execute the condemned person at any time, they don't even have to wait for a court verdict to do so.