• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Herman Cain

Anon

• Members

I love it, the way some will do all they can to explain away verses of the Bible. I suppose that smooths over their conscience letting them do things they really should not, & or defend evil. And besides, the verse is very strait forward, its a statement of what every Christian should avoid.

• Members

Good thought rancher...I had forgotten that some people accuse Jesus of having an affair with Mary or Martha.

The difference being that Jesus gave no occasion for such accusations during His time on earth. The accusations of Jesus having an affair with some women came later, just as with the accusations of David and Jonathan or Jesus and John being homosexual.

Anyone can make something up years later but it's much more difficult to make charges against one who is carefully guarding their heart and life.

You could claim that I was drinking in a bar and acting up yet that charge wouldn't get very far because I don't go to bars. However, if I went to certain bars "for the food" as some Christians do, then such a charge would carry more weight because there would be those who would say, "yeah, I've seen him go to the bar, or seen him in the bar". It wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that someone who is at the bar often would claim to have seen me drinking booze, even if it was only root beer or Mountain Dew, but since it was in a bar they would think it was booze and claim it was.

Now, it might not actually be wrong to eat some good food at a bar and grill, but the door is open for someone to claim evil.

• Members

I just find it interesting that some of you guys are all against the police unfairly accusing and arresting innocent citizens...and rightly so...but you will accuse Herman Cain of wrongdoing without proof?

Give me proof, and I'll jump on the other side and call him a liar. Until then, I need to defend the man as innocent until proven guilty...as hopefully I would do for anyone on this board.

You all know that ANY woman could do this to any of you men at any time, right? And you would have virtually no defense except a long, painful, and expensive court case?

I just find it interesting that some of you guys are all against the police unfairly accusing and arresting innocent citizens...and rightly so...but you will accuse Herman Cain of wrongdoing without proof?

Give me proof, and I'll jump on the other side and call him a liar. Until then, I need to defend the man as innocent until proven guilty...as hopefully I would do for anyone on this board.

You all know that ANY woman could do this to any of you men at any time, right? And you would have virtually no defense except a long, painful, and expensive court case?

I agree and would never run for a national office. It is a sad situation and reminds me of Ross Perot.

So to who are we being steered by these women, the media, and what ever else is behind it?

We better be in prayer about the elections every day.

• Members

I haven't accused Cain of doing anything wrong with any of those women. I do believe he acted unwisely in his relationship with that Ginger woman but that doesn't mean I think he's guilty of what she has accused him of.

Indeed a woman could make claims about any of us men here on this board but such claims could easily be refuted if there was nothing at all to give even circumstantial suspision.

With regards to legal matters, I would be just as opposed to the police arresting Cain and charging him with something involving these women without solid ground to do so as I am against them of doing that to anyone else.

Cain was judges by the people, rightly or wrongly, based upon what they heard, with no legal ramifications (he won't be spending time in jail, going to trial, possibly prison). Most people won't look at the situation as you or I seem to be looking at it. They will be using much more worldly "logic" and emotions to come to their conclusions.

• Members

I agree and would never run for a national office. It is a sad situation and reminds me of Ross Perot.

So to who are we being steered by these women, the media, and what ever else is behind it?

We better be in prayer about the elections every day.

Prayer is always good but we must also realize that America has chose her course away from God which means we will likely get another leader going the same way.

At the moment it looks like we will either keep the "Christian-Muslim-Universalist" or we will have a Mormon or Catholic. None of those three will look to God for guidance and none of them will abide by the Constitution. Someone else may emerge from among the remaining GOP candidates but most of them are more of the same.

• Members

I love it, the way some will do all they can to explain away verses of the Bible. I suppose that smooths over their conscience letting them do things they really should not, & or defend evil. And besides, the verse is very strait forward, its a statement of what every Christian should avoid.

I agree Jerry, it is very straight forward. Abstain from, stay away. All, every bit. Appearance, view fashion shape. Evil, hurtful bad grievious. Now as I said, stay away from when you see something that IS bad. Not simply something someone says looks evil. There are many things in life that some think looks evil.

• Members

Right now several of the remaining GOP candidates are busy trying to get Cain's endorsement.

Some candidates are also trying to convince others to leave the race and endorse them before the Iowa vote.

They are getting down to crunch time and they all know they need to have a good showing in Iowa so they can gain some momentum, and hopefully more cash and supporters, before going into New Hampshire.