• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gharu family - death at 41

• Members

We've known Devcar Gharu's family for over 20 years - an Indian "Christian" family many of whom have been baptised as believers. Renu has been a member of our church for 20 years.

Devcar & Renu celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary last week. Renu was baptised as a believer & has been a member of our church for 20 years. Devcar was baptised last year, with Renu's sister Sunita, husband Prem & daughter Natasha.

Please pray especially for his widow Renu, mother Balbiro, brother Nick, 2 sisters & the wider family. And for me as I am in a pastoral capacity.

Devcar was obese, & had heart surgery several years ago. There were no children.

Edited by Covenanter

• Members

We were with his widow & others yesterday evening. Before he died, he read Psalm 91:1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Thank you for your prayers. Renu & the family are taking encouragement & solace from the Scripture & prayer.

• Members

Thank you for you prayers.

Over 400 people were there (3 English.) The 2 hour service was mostly in Hindi, though the sermon was English with translation - a Gospel sermon starting from John 11 - "I am the resurrection & the life." The Pentecostal preacher stressed the need for faith in Christ for eternal life.

The baptism service photos are in this facebook link. I hope you can see them. The group of 4 shows Devcar in black, with his wife's sister, husband & daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We were invited to the sister-in-law's family this evening - with about 20 Asian family & friends, where I had an opportunity to lead singing, pray, & speak.

I spoke from John 1:12-13, about becoming children of God by faith in Jesus, regardless of whose children we are, or what relilgion we are born into. The wonderful privilege of being children of God, as underlined in 1 John 3:1-3, and therefore living godly lives as children of God - we shall be like him!

Devcar already has that wonderful experience of the presence of Jesus.

Renu (widow) needs much prayer for the rebuilding of her life, & her sister has chronic back trouble. They want more meetings & to draw back into regular fellowship.

Devcar was sitting chatting with the family - no warning - stood up intending to go to the bathroom, & sat back down again immediately & never recovered.

• Members

I will pray, surely the Lord has a plan (perhaps even to the salvation of some.) I'm glad that your able to help them. May God bless.

(Ps 116:15) Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.
(Phil 1:21) For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.

Edited by Nathaniel