• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Those who can't understand the KJB

• Members

Just like I did (and I never graduated from high school). Through reading it over and over with a dictionary in hand. After each time you read it the style of writing becomes easier to grasp.

Thank you. Your testimony might help encourage some who think they just couldn't do that.

David Cloud has put out a King James dictionary that I've used to help some. It's a small book and inexpensive so that might be something to give to some of those with difficulty reading the KJB.

• Members

I use pamphlets from Sword of the Lord, Baptist-Books, Challenge Press, Local Church Bible Publishers, Way of Life and Wallbuilders. These focus on specific topics. I'm very fond of Dr. John R. Rice's work and pamphlets and they've been a great blessing to me and our family personally.

However, I came across a verse the other day that gave me pause. Romans 10:17 - "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

While it's important for a person to read the word of God, their faith comes by hearing it from us!

The dismal results of today's public education is no accident, it was done deliberately.

• Members

I use pamphlets from Sword of the Lord, Baptist-Books, Challenge Press, Local Church Bible Publishers, Way of Life and Wallbuilders. These focus on specific topics. I'm very fond of Dr. John R. Rice's work and pamphlets and they've been a great blessing to me and our family personally.

However, I came across a verse the other day that gave me pause. Romans 10:17 - "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

While it's important for a person to read the word of God, their faith comes by hearing it from us!

The dismal results of today's public education is no accident, it was done deliberately.

I agree on all points!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I was like illiterate until I got saved, The Pastor told me to get a KING JAMES BIBLE, thats how I learned to read.
Before I got into reading the KING JAMES BIBLE I had a hard time with my job, reading OSHA, and other laws, after using the KING JAMES BIBLE for a couple years I get along just fine reading law books. I got a 1611, fun to read,, and a couple newer 1769 editions, you know with standardized spelling.

I was teaching JR church a couple years ago, I whooped out that 1611, they got a kick out of the spelling.

• Members

I was like illiterate until I got saved, The Pastor told me to get a KING JAMES BIBLE, thats how I learned to read.
Before I got into reading the KING JAMES BIBLE I had a hard time with my job, reading OSHA, and other laws, after using the KING JAMES BIBLE for a couple years I get along just fine reading law books. I got a 1611, fun to read,, and a couple newer 1769 editions, you know with standardized spelling.

I was teaching JR church a couple years ago, I whooped out that 1611, they got a kick out of the spelling.

I do believe when a person learns to read the KJB and continues in it, that helps them with all other reading as well.

It's amazing to consider that in early America children learned to read using the KJB, and often at very young ages, yet today it's said the KJB is far too difficult for even adults to read so they keep children away from the KJB too. Is it any wonder that not only has biblical understanding suffered in America but reading levels have dropped, reading skills are poor and many can't read at all?

• Members

I have a pastor friend that quit school. he told me that he had a bit of trouble reading. He surrendered to preach in his 40's. He to used the KJ, & it seems he overcome his reading & understanding problems.

Sad, some will throw out the KJ thinking another Bible will be easier to understand. Perhaps they should try a few more prayers, asking for God's help.

And it seems to me, many of the seminaries will push their students towards the modern versions, teaching them one is good as another. I have a friend whose son went to seminary at Dallas she stated, my son does not need a version of the Bible, he can read the originals. I have often wonder where he got his originals so that he could read from them.

• Members

One of the bad things today is there are so many who constantly say the KJB is too hard to read and can't be understood so many who hear this don't even bother trying. If they do take a glance at a KJB, as soon as they see a "thou" that's proof enough for them that what they heard about the KJB being hard to read is true.

The NIV is supposedly one of the easiest to read versions and yet I've always found that one of the most difficult versions to get anything out of. While the words may be simple, the message put forth seems to be so plain, watered down and often vague that I don't know how folks get much of anything out of it.

I'm so thankful God led me to exclusively use the KJB!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Since I am a Sunday school teacher to 4-8 year olds I always explain God's Word through pictures and illustrations, I even made up a Bible tract using verses with pictures. I often find that new Christians and those who have a hard time understanding English also find my illustrations helpful.