• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where do we draw the line for IFB?

• Members

Yes, I don't believe just anyone should have total access to all parts of OB. I like it that we have a place where we can post and they cannot inject their false ideas.

Yes, please see PastorJ's post and re-read what I said. I don't think they should be allowed to post, only view certain areas. Of course, I have no issues with completely closing certain forums as well (Ministry, Pastor only, etc). But, I think threads that speak on baptism, Lord's supper, local church, etc should be viewable by all.

• Members

I don't have a problem with them viewing the truth, there needs to be one place here where we do not get false teaching posted, and having to debate false teachers.

Its bad enough having them on the other forums posting their false teachings trying to win converts from whosoever reads it.

• Members

Jerry,

That is why we are discussing this.
The suggestion is that Non-IFB would be able to view everything, but only be able to post in the general forums.
The 2nd suggestion is that Non-IFB would only be able to view and post in the general forums.

I made the 2nd suggestion, but I actually like the first one better. Non-IFB would be able to view the truth, but not be able to post.
If they posted anything in the general forums that were inappropriate, the posts would be moved to the appropriate forum or deleted.

• Administrators

Thank again everyone. Thank you Seth for writing that out.
My goal is to try and move as much of the forums that deal with Biblical issues into the IFB forum. A questioner then will be filled out in order to gain access to the IFB forums.

• Members

I don't know if its a good idea to let them view where they cannot post. It might be better in the long run for them not to view it. As for me I would not want to read post that I cannot reply to, I would rather they be blocked off from my sight.

There has been a couple or so sly remarks about not being able to view all of the forum, it they are able to view it those remarks will probably be even slyer.

If I went to a RCC forum & they had areas for RCC members only, I would not feel left out. I feel that any group, weather its Baptist, Methodist, JW's, Pentecostal, Mormons, coC, or what ever names they chose to go by has ever right to have a section that's for members of that type of church.

Those who feel left out, those who get aggravated about this, are genearlly those that are trouble maker, & trying to spread what they believe hoping to make converts.

• Members

There is another forum that I applied to and gained access to except my computer wont let me, but before they let you join you have to fill out a very detailed questionaire. At the time I thought it was a bit over the top but it sure does stop all of the silliness that goes on between some people on this forum. I'm glad you're looking into it, I've only just come back again because I was tired of the same silly arguments being put forward by people who obviously don't want to learn from the scriptures. It would be nice to cut out the nastiness and just enjoy sweet fellowship with other believers.

I'm with the having them being able to view the biblical topics and to only comment in the loung forum. If they get fustrated by just viewing then they can choose not to look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The changes will be taking effect soon. I already have moved some forums over to the IFB forums, and I will slowly move more over.
Also soon, our members will have to agree to the boards statement of faith to join the IFB boards (Which will be most of the forums).

Thank you again.

• Members

If ya'll decide to do this you should first determine what constitutes an Independent Fundamental Baptist. At least if that is the qualification to be a member or being allowed to post. For an example, believing or not believing in double inspiration doesn't determine if someone is an IFBer or not. Especially since at the end of the day you BOTH believe that the KJV is the inerrant word of God. It doesn't matter how it got there just that it is. Neither does, say, believing or not believing in the gap theory. Especially since all gap theorists that I know of still believe in a literal seven day creation. If you expect too much you'll end up with nothing but a nice little clique in here of about five people and that's about it.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Administrators

There will be a statement similar to the one the Seth posted. If you agree to that, then you are in. It basically is going to be a general IFB statement, I'm not going to get into the minute details of doctrine, I'll leave those things for us to discuss. If you are already in this IFB group here, you will not notice much of a change.

• Members

Both my wife and I attend an IFB Church. We have been members of this Church for several years now. They teach the fundamentals of the faith and the Baptist Distinctives.

That said, there are some things in the Church that we disagree with, but not enough to pack our Bibles and leave. But what we have a problem with, when it is preached or taught, ruins the rest of the sermon for the day for us.

It is the same here on this board. Some know our stance on certain topis, and how we differ in our beliefs concerning those topics. There will always be disagreements... even amongst fellow IFB's.

Should we limit the posting of non-IFB's? I would say it would be wise.