• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If You’re New Here Please Read

• Members

The Truth

You cannot be saved by being a 'good person':

"For by grace are ye saved through faith...Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8a-9 KJV)

And there are not 'many paths’ to God, there's only One:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6 KJV)

The Bible tells us that everyone is a sinner:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23 KJV)

You must realize that there is a punishment for sin:

"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23a KJV)

This does not mean only physical death, but also spiritual death:

"...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28b KJV)

Jesus died on the cross for your sins:

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 KJV)

And then He rose from the dead, conquering death:

"Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;" (Acts 10:40 KJV)

Because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, eternal life becomes a free gift from God:

"...by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." (Romans 5:18b KJV)

"...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23b KJV)

But just like any gift, it doesn't become yours until you receive it. To receive God's gift of eternal life you must call on the name of the Lord:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13 KJV)

Time is growing short and you should not put off your decision. The Bible tells us:

"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" (2 Corinthians 6:2 KJV)

There is no other way to be saved than by Jesus, and there is no better time than now to receive salvation.

• Members

Yes, the first post can be read Farouk, but I'm unable to make the next two posts of the topic as it should be. Look at the first three posts in the old one:

The board is not letting me do that now. Some kind of a software glitch that Matt's working on.

• Members

Kiefer:

Here is a line in 'normal' font.

And here is a line in bold italics.

And here is a line in 'normal' italics.

On my computer it seems to work. On another thread Happy Christian said she was having difficulty with something that on my computer worked okay.

Maybe it can differ from computer to computer. I don't know. (I'm not expert at all, I can assure you... :unsure: )