• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sweet Potatoes

• 4 months later...
  • Members

My good friend,,, You have in your possession one of the world finest foods.

How big are they?
IF they are BIG, wrap em in foil and stick em in the oven for an hour on 375 , they are slow to cook, beware they can leak in the oven, make a mess.
IF you got small ones, you can microwave em.
IF you got a Barby, Put them out of direct contact with the flame, close the lid, come back in an hour.
When they are soft, they are done, Peel the skin off, smash of like mashed potato's, mix in butter,, salt and pepper if ya like

Just remember, when they soft, they done,
If you rich, catch a plane to Utah, I cook em for ya,,,,,,

If I was on DEATH ROW, and offered my last meal.
Sweet Potato and Salmon

• Members

Yeah you can bake 'em like above...

Or you can peel them and dice up and boil until tender, and then mash just like regular mashed potatoes...add some butter and brown sugar, and vanilla and cinnamon and maybe a bit of crushed pineapple and then bake with some pecans and marshmallows. Yum!

• Members

I was shocked one day at the supermarket, a man was stocking the boxes with veggies and I saw a sign that said YAMS,,,
and another said SWEET POTATOS . So I asked the guy, he pointed out the SWEET POTATO is orange, and them YAMS are not.

So it has taken my thick head a while but I can identify what I personally like, and the orange flesh ones are the ones.
I gonna try Kitagrl 's recipe, I never seen em done that way.

I like the way they peel when I bake em., I had one for lunch yesterday,,,,,gooooood.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm thinking that your "sweet potato's" maybe our "Kumara" There are a few varieties including orange/gold and purple.
I like them roasted along with other veges: pumpkin and potato's - in olive oil with a few cloves of crushed garlic, one red onion [halved] and some rosemary leaves [bruised] sprinkled on top...mmmm :)

• Members

I'm thinking that your "sweet potato's" maybe our "Kumara" There are a few varieties including orange/gold and purple.
I like them roasted along with other veges: pumpkin and potato's - in olive oil with a few cloves of crushed garlic, one red onion [halved] and some rosemary leaves [bruised] sprinkled on top...mmmm :)

A sweet potato dressed like a King.

• Members

Sweet potato also called Yam, I believe. In France they call them Patate, Patate douce.