• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This Generation

• Members

Many don't take note of the fact Jesus was asked several questions in Luke 21 and He answered each of them. In studying Luke 21 we must first see the separate questions that were asked and then see what answer Jesus gives to each question.

Some people want to lump it together as one question and one answer when it's not and this leads to misinterpretation and confusion.

Myself and some others addressed this a couple months ago or so in another thread.

• Members

Many don't take note of the fact Jesus was asked several questions in Luke 21 and He answered each of them. In studying Luke 21 we must first see the separate questions that were asked and then see what answer Jesus gives to each question.

Some people want to lump it together as one question and one answer when it's not and this leads to misinterpretation and confusion.

Myself and some others addressed this a couple months ago or so in another thread.

I recognise that, John, but there seems to be a reluctance to deal with Luke 20.

• Members

Invicta:

Unless you haven't been around baptist and similar churches for long, you will probably know that 'raptured' means 'caught up', and this is undeniably Biblical.

Believers will indeed meet the Lord 'in the air'.

There is a great difference between the scripture teaching that we will meet the Lord 'in the air' and the non scriptural teaching of the Plymouth Brethren, that ther Lord is "coming to the air."

• Members

His literal Second Coming is his coming in judgement. A Patch the Pirate kid would know this.

That depends on what "judgement" you are speaking of. The final judgement or judgement in time such as we see in the OT when judgement was brought upon Israel. As far as that goes, we see judgement brought in 70 AD but of course it was not the final judgement which we will all face.

• Members

That depends on what "judgement" you are speaking of. The final judgement or judgement in time such as we see in the OT when judgement was brought upon Israel. As far as that goes, we see judgement brought in 70 AD but of course it was not the final judgement which we will all face.

I've been waiting for Wilchbla's further contribution to the thread - & explanation for dismissing my post quoting Luke 20 as a "coming" as "garbage." He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. I'm not holding my breath.

I agree, there are many judgments occurring in Scripture, taking place in time. And there is one final judgment we all face when the Lord returns in glory.

May we all be ready for THAT day. And live in the light of our Lord's constant presence.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Zephaniah 1:14a,2:1-2a

1 The great day of the Lord is near it is near and hasteth greatly,

2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea gather together, oh nation not desired; before before before before

Soon after Israel gathered the day of the Lord will come and the rapture is even sooner!

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It sure seems to indicate that the rapture will come soon. I can't wait!