• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is Sin?

It is my belief that it is the Feminist Movement that has adversely influenced good Christian Women' date=' and is infiltrating our churches, into the false belief that Women ought to wear pants. Indeed, it was the founding members of the feminist movement that invented the style of women wear pants...[/quote']

That is what I have believed. It is in our IFB's now. I don't think that some women have done a thorough study on this. :-) Some just do not know the ramifications that the "Feminist Movement" has had on the world and good Christian women in this respect.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

<>

Using the above is not a good point to use in trying to judge if wearing of pants is right of wrong for a woman.

Doing what the majority of people do, is not a good point to use for judging if pants are right or wrong in the sight of God. Might add the majority of women wear pants.

I know others who have done very much research and study on this subject that came to the conclusion that women wearing pants is wrong, an abomination against God even.

Saying that Deuteronomy 22:5 is all about different colors, never heard that one, that is a new one, but I really think its a very weak one to hang your hat on.

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Deut 22:5 (KJV)

But remember, it does not only forbid women from wearing that which pertaineth to man but neither shall a man put on a woman's garment, and whosoever does this, it is an abomination in the sight of God. So we had better be right, if we are not we are committing an abomination that God warns us not to commit.

All of that said, thank God for grace, I firmly believe we are all going to be extremely surprised at what is rightly right in the sight of God on many issues, and it will only be God's grace that any of us will enter the comforts of Heaven.

9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

Deut 18:9 (KJV)

One thing for sure about all of us, we definitely let the world have more influence over us than God's Word, many times we let the prejudices we've learned from growing up in this world help us decide the meaning of many Bible verses, that is wisdom of man.

Many times what we use to decide on what is right or wrong is what is most comfortable for us, or the easiest route, or what most people around us is doing.

How many of us are peculiar people compared to the people of this world, how many of us are different than the people of this world, how many of us seem to have a different goal than the people of this world?

An how many of us, when we have a doubt if something is right or wrong, will stay on the safe side?

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Romans 14:23 (KJV)

For instant, for the woman who has the least doubt that God approves of her wearing pants, them she is sinning against God by wearing a pair of pants. So is the man who has the least doubt about this subject but yet want stand against it.

One thing for sure, whatever we wear, everyone ought never mistake them from the opposite sex, if the garments we wear confuses people, them we have worn the wrong garment.

Since the day of women wearing pants, it continues to get more difficult to tell men from women and women from men, plus those who claim to be of Christ, whether man or woman, few are peculiar compare to the people of this world.

Christianity isn't meant to be a solo adventure. There are times we can see the sins of others while some of our own sins go unseen by us. This is why it's so important to have true Christian friends and mentors in our lives.

YES!!

When I was in university a very small group of us were devoted to following Christ. We were accountable to one another. If one of us saw a problem or possible problem with another we would talk with them. We could be fully open and honest with one another. We would call sin sin but we did it out of and in brotherly love and true concern for one another. That was one of the best times of my life.

:goodpost: John. My pastor calls this "accountability partners." :thumb

Brotherly love and true concern. :-)

• Members

No. Men and women are created differently so there is no way they could be equal. God created us with unique differences for His own purposes. We were never meant to be equal.

Now, with relation to ones ability to come to Christ for salvation and to be a child of God, there is equality, but that's on the spiritual level and not at all what the feminists are speaking of.

Along these lines' date=' as you mentioned "cropped hair styles", I notice the apparent acceptance among many within IFB circles for their women to wear increasingly shorter hair.[/quote']

Although, I know women whose hair simply will not grow out---for whatever reason. Also, when I woman gets much older...I don't care to see all that gray hair hanging down (which I have seen) but, that is just me.

My hair grows like a weed. :Green

• Members

What has equal to do with it?

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1 Tim 2:14-15 (KJV)

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him

2 Cor 11:2-4 (KJV)

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

1 Cor 11:3-16 (KJV)

Woman was deceived, not man, the Bible is very clear about that, woman thinks with emotions and it gets her in trouble. So God set this life up so that the man is suppose to be the leader of the home. and God way is always right.

Equal, that actually comes from man, and those who formed this Unites States, their saying that all men are created equal, but we know that is untrue, for the one who is bron to the poor parents are not equal to those born of the rich parents.

Even our Savior was not treated equal at birth.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:7 (KJV)

He was born in the manger, there were never room in the inn for the poor, even when having a baby.

One thing for sure about all of us, we definitely let the world have more influence over us than God's Word, many times we let the prejudices we've learned from growing up in this world help us decide the meaning of many Bible verses, that is wisdom of man.

Many times what we use to decide on what is right or wrong is what is most comfortable for us, or the easiest route, or what most people around us is doing.

:goodpost::amen: Pastor Jerry.

Boy, how I would love to live on an huge island with all IFB's. However, that is not the "Great Commission." :smile

• Members

For a woman whose hair won't grow, the Lord knows that, but for most women, that's not a problem.

Not all womens hair turns gray and we all have differing tastes (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that). I've seen some very lovely gray hair, and there is some that don't look as attractive. In any event, Scripture says women are to have long hair and there are no stipulations as to reaching a certain age and wearing it short because it's turned a different color.

:goodpost::amen: Pastor Jerry!

I peter 3:7...Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. KJV 1611 AV.

I am no door mat...but, my husband is "head of household." He is the leader of my home. I prefer it that way. :thumb

• Members

Secondly, I would like to address the "breeches were underwear and they would be naked if they were exposed" issue.

It is not a very accurate picture. The outer robe was more like a suit coat today, they took it off in public quite commonly. Historically, Jewish men had a shirt and pants under that and women had a dress under their robes. Taking off the outer robe was simply a thing to do when it was less formal. Scripture sometimes calls this "naked" but it is not "naked" as we generally use the term today and it was perfectly alright in certain situations.

Some examples of this are found in: [bible]Matthew 24:18[/bible] [bible]Matthew 21:7[/bible] [bible]Acts 7:58[/bible] [bible]Acts 22:23[/bible] [bible]John 21:7[/bible]

Seth, could you tell me where you get the information on the "more like a suit coat"? And that a man had a shirt and pants under it??From my research, it seems they wore robes. A loose fiting, hanging garment that looked more like a dress than pants. The bedouin arabs dress that way to this day. My dad says he heard a pastor tell that he had visited I believe Saudi and say a man that had his robe messed up. Someone quickly got a different robe for him. He had a fit that it was a womens robe. The pastor said he could tell no differance in the two robes. It is my understanding that is the way the jews dressed. here is a link to a Rabbi that says in the old days everyone wore robes, but the mens were differant from the womens. http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askr ... othing.htm One other question, if the breeches were the same as our pants, what about the fact the Bible says they were to be from the loins unto the thigh. If this was a clothing that they wore outwardly to be seen, would that not mean it is acceptable before God for a man to preach wearing a pair of shorts that come to the top of their knee?? covering the loins unto the thigh. I am sorry, but they still sound like underwear.

• Members

:amen::goodpost:

I do not think men and women are equal and that women should strive to do the same things as a man. I live here in Florida among many "she-males" who want to look like men, and act raunchy, and try to show how absolutely un-ladylike they can be! God created women to be the keepers at home and to guide the household -without that particular position filled, the family lives in chaos. The man is to be a provider for his family. I believe that is the way God meant for us to be. Both jobs are a lot of hard work if they are done right. The women's libbers have given us women a lifestyle and privledge of working 2 jobs - one job outside the home to pay the bills, and then to come home to hungry children and do the "2nd shift" and drop exhausted into bed. Somehow that just does not seem too liberating to me. Our society is going to pot because there is no one at home to care for the children and really actually parent them. Parents abdicate their parental authority to the public school system- and you can see where that is getting us, can't you?

Now back to the sin issue, is it a sin for women to work outside th hme? Personally, I don't think that it a sin, because even the Prov. 31 virtuous woman helped her husband to provide for the family. However a woman's first and foremost responsibility is to her children and her husband. If she has a family, then that family should be her "career" - although the family can work together to provide food clothing and sustenance for the family if the father needs assistance. I do think it is a sin for a woman to neglect her family and put her job or career ahead of them.

Yes, agreed. :thumb

I am talking about the scraggly hair (pardon me for saying that) that they don't keep up. IMO, it would look much better if it were styled in some way.

Have you ever seen the actress Tyne Daily's hair? It is very long (gray) but she keeps it up, IMHO. Yes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that.)