• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture - May 21st, 2011

• Members

You can say that again!

When people turn away from Christ, they are prepared to believe false teachers - even if they demand sacrificial giving. Most false teachers become rich from the gifts of their followers.

False rapture teaching has made many rich, & many more poor. It's amazing how Tim & Jerry made best sellers out of their "Left Behind" series.

Follow Christ, and you will give what you cannot keep to gain in him what you cannot lose. But you will not become rich in this life by preaching tribulation in this life & resurrection & judgment at the Lord's return.

John 16:7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

• Members

Its kind of strange, those people that chose to believe a lie, yet reject the truth every time its placed in front of them. Makes me think of the man of God in 1 Kings 13 that believed the lie and was killed by a lion that God sent to kill him.

1Ki 13:24 And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcase was cast in the way, and the ass stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcase.

• Members

I heard a few of Campings followers talking on the radio just before May, 21st. They sounded like a bunch of stoners. Either that or they never made it out of 6th grade.

Or just a group of people willing to believe what they want rather than what God actually says. We can read of people like that in the Bible.

• Members

Many people who follow after such thinigs are of the sort that are constantly "looking" but never actually taking the time to find. Many will look into fringe Christian groups, eastern mysticism, other pagan religions, self-help gurus and the like. Always "searching" for what they think is meaning yet always missing it because they don't truly look to Jesus.

• Members

I've notice that a lot of Campings unscriptural doctrine was based on his calculations of a generation and the rebirth of the nation of Israel in Matthew 24:34. But like I've said before in this forum the "generation" Jesus is speaking of in that passage, contextually, is the generation that will be alive and living in Israel when the Tribulation begins. It has nothing to do with the generation of 1918 or 1948 or 1967 or 1973. In other words, all the Jews won't be destroyed by the Beast before Christ returns. That generation will survive. Mark 13:20 explains this even more. It's clear as day this is the generation Christ is talking about when you read the passage and that verse in context.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

I've notice that a lot of Campings unscriptural doctrine was based on his calculations of a generation and the rebirth of the nation of Israel in Matthew 24:34. But like I've said before in this forum the "generation" Jesus is speaking of in that passage, contextually, is the generation that will be alive and living in Israel when the Tribulation begins. It has nothing to do with the generation of 1918 or 1948 or 1967 or 1973. In other words, all the Jews won't be destroyed by the Beast before Christ returns. That generation will survive. Mark 13:20 explains this even more. It's clear as day this is the generation Christ is talking about when you read the passage and that verse in context.

"Clear as DAY....." My name is Day, so thank you for the accolade :rolleyes:

Jesus Olivet prophecy is his response to the disciples' questions following Jesus' prophecy of the destruction.

He has repeatedly condemned this generation for their rejection of him, his works, his testimony to his Father, etc. The generation living at the time of his rejection is the generation that would suffer his wrath. THAT is clear as day. Why should some future generation of Jews suffer the wrath of God for the rejection & crucifixion of their Messiah?

Some do take parts of the prophecy to refer to events prior to Jesus' second coming, but that does not negate the primary message. The warning signs were seen by the Jerusalem Christian Jews 3½ years before the destruction in AD 70.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luke 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

• Members

Jesus Olivet prophecy is his response to the disciples' questions following Jesus' prophecy of the destruction.

He has repeatedly condemned this generation for their rejection of him, his works, his testimony to his Father, etc. The generation living at the time of his rejection is the generation that would suffer his wrath. THAT is clear as day. Why should some future generation of Jews suffer the wrath of God for the rejection & crucifixion of their Messiah?

Some do take parts of the prophecy to refer to events prior to Jesus' second coming, but that does not negate the primary message. The warning signs were seen by the Jerusalem Christian Jews 3½ years before the destruction in AD 70.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luke 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Edited by Covenanter

• Members

While I agree that Camping is a false teacher, I must add that "This generation" was the generation which Christ was addressing. To jump it forward to a future generation 1000's of years future is a teaching just as false. Edited by Invicta

• Members

21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Interesting thoughts. Question: are there any true Jews today? Can they prove it since they do not have any records.

• Members
Interesting thoughts. Question: are there any true Jews today? Can they prove it since they do not have any records.

Yes - believers in Jesus, regardless of human ancestry. Paul explains:

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Gal 3:26 ¶ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are Ashkenazi or Sephardic Jews Abraham's descendants after the flesh? Who knows? They can become true Jews, grafted back into the olive tree, when they believe in Jesus:

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

• Members

Yes - believers in Jesus, regardless of human ancestry. Paul explains:

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Gal 3:26 ¶ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are Ashkenazi or Sephardic Jews Abraham's descendants after the flesh? Who knows? They can become true Jews, grafted back into the olive tree, when they believe in Jesus:

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Thanks. I was speaking of Jews in the physical sense.

Of course, I agree that it is the Christian who is the true Jew biblically.