• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture - May 21st, 2011

• Members

I'm amazed how you heretics have been allowed to hijacked this alleged IFB site. No, wait, I'm not amazed. Happens all the time.

"We Christians are the real Jews". "The tribulation occurred in the 60ADs". "The church has replaced Israel". "All of Matthew 24 was fulfilled before 70AD". etc etc All papist rubbish that has led to a millenia of wars and bloodshed.

The bible is nothing but a dead book relegated to the past to be allegorized to fit whatever way you want it to fit. Very shakey ground to stand on.

You folks better check your hearts.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

One of our church members had the opportunity to talk with one of Mr. Campings followers. He said he was a nice talking polite man, but he was very mislead. Yet he did not get bent out of shape, mad, with his disagreeing with Mr. Campings teachings.

• Members

Edited to colour my replies.

I'm amazed how you heretics have been allowed to hijacked this alleged IFB site. No, wait, I'm not amazed. Happens all the time.

"We Christians are the real Jews". "The tribulation occurred in the 60ADs". "The church has replaced Israel". "All of Matthew 24 was fulfilled before 70AD". etc etc All papist rubbish that has led to a millenia of wars and bloodshed.

The bible is nothing but a dead book relegated to the past to be allegorized to fit whatever way you want it to fit. Very shakey ground to stand on.

Of course we are "heretics" in the eyes of the mainstream "Christian"establishment. People who believed & preach as I do died under both RCs & Reformers, & continue to die wherever the Gospel is not tolerated. I hope your views never become widely accepted.

"We Christians are the real Jews". Rom 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

"The tribulation occurred in the 60ADs". Rev 1:9 ¶ I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

"The church has replaced Israel". Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

"All of Matthew 24 was fulfilled before 70AD". Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
But note Jesus moves on to the passing away of heaven & earth - yet to come:
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 ¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

"The bible is nothing but a dead book relegated to the past to be allegorized to fit whatever way you want it to fit. Very shakey ground to stand on." Mat. 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Edited by Covenanter

• Members

Rubbish! In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

That is right; there is neither Jew nor Gentile. It is also true that the Christian is the true Jew. That is not the exact wording. The Bible tells who the true Jew and that is the person who obeys the will of God.

• Members

You and I disagree on somethings, does that make me a heretic? Though you certainly are misrepresenting much of what i actually do believe, if you are speaking of me.

• Members

Eph. 1:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 ¶ For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

What a sad person you are.

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Everything before that verse was fulfilled before that generation passed. That is perfectly plain. It seems you don't believe the scripture.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

The rapture of the church age believers will happen very, very soon because the day of the Lord is very, very near and hasteth greatly.

Zephaniah 1:14–15,2:1-3 KJV
14 The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
2:1-3
1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord’s anger come upon you.
3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Israel's return to the land of Israel is proof that God is not done with Israel and is proof that the day of the Lord is soon.

• Members

The rapture of the church age believers will happen very, very soon because the day of the Lord is very, very near and hasteth greatly.

Zephaniah 1:14–15,2:1-3 KJV
14 The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
2:1-3
1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord’s anger come upon you.
3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Israel's return to the land of Israel is proof that God is not done with Israel and is proof that the day of the Lord is soon.

What does "soon" or "very, very soon" mean?

The "soon" coming of Christ has been proclaimed for centuries. Shouldn't we live as if Christ might return at any moment rather try and figure out just how soon it might be?

Many proclaimed Christ would return by 1988 based upon their understanding of prophetic writings in Scripture and the year Israel became a nation again. When Christ didn't return by then it was declared Christ would return by 2008, using the same biblical prophecies but this time going from the date Israel took control of Jerusalem.

Christ is "soon" to come, and His coming is sooner now than when we first believed, but just how soon we don't know, but we do know from Scripture that we should live as if He might come in the next twinkling of an eye.

• Members

No man knows the day nor the hour for the coming of the Son of man. The parable of the fig tree in Matthew 24:32-34 says one generation will see all these signs. It is my opinion that means we are living in the last generation. What is your opinion?

It was by the parable of the fig tree many determined Christ would return within 40 years of Israel being reformed in 1948. When that didn't occur they decided the 40 year generation must not have started when Israel was reformed in 1948 but instead when Israel captured Jerusalem in 1968 (a few decided the generation wasn't actually 40 years after all and changed that to 60 years, which gave them the same time frame as those who changed the beginning to the capture of Jerusalem). After Christ didn't return by 2008 some recalculated how many years a biblical generation is, others changed their view of what the fig parable means, some didn't offer an new alternative and others came to various other conclusions.

Myself, I don't know if we are living in the last generation or which one of the generations alive today might be the last generation or if such is yet unborn.

What I do know is that with each passing moment the time of His return draws nearer and I more deeply feel the urgency to do what I can to see my family born again in Christ and to grow ever closer to Christ before He comes.

• Members

No man knows the day nor the hour for the coming of the Son of man. The parable of the fig tree in Matthew 24:32-34 says one generation will see all these signs. It is my opinion that means we are living in the last generation. What is your opinion?

The parable of the fig tree referred to the generation then living. Matt 24:34.

• Members

It was by the parable of the fig tree many determined Christ would return within 40 years of Israel being reformed in 1948. When that didn't occur they decided the 40 year generation must not have started when Israel was reformed in 1948 but instead when Israel captured Jerusalem in 1968 (a few decided the generation wasn't actually 40 years after all and changed that to 60 years, which gave them the same time frame as those who changed the beginning to the capture of Jerusalem). After Christ didn't return by 2008 some recalculated how many years a biblical generation is, others changed their view of what the fig parable means, some didn't offer an new alternative and others came to various other conclusions.

Myself, I don't know if we are living in the last generation or which one of the generations alive today might be the last generation or if such is yet unborn.

What I do know is that with each passing moment the time of His return draws nearer and I more deeply feel the urgency to do what I can to see my family born again in Christ and to grow ever closer to Christ before He comes.

Amen Brother!