• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are These Two Theories Biblical?

Guest Guest

Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?

• No.
    • I don't know.
    • Yes.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

They can't make up their minds. :Green

Actually, ma'am, I think you hit the nail on the head.

As far as I know, it's always in the billions.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Guest Guest
So can Science be trusted at all?

If it is true science, yes ma'am, it can. However, few scientists today are really searching for the truth. They have an agenda.

Because if they really looked at the evidence, they would be led to the Biblical account of Creation.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Administrators

Julie - as Crush said, if it's true science it can be trusted. But one of the main components of science is ignored when it comes to evolution. And that is observation. A true science fact can (or has been) observed. That is why evolution is called a theory - and yet it is taught as a fact. But who observed the Big Bang? Who observed the changing of the species over the millions and millions of years? No one. So, if science were to be true to itself, they wouldn't just call evolution a theory - they would teach it is such. Unfortunately, it is not so done.

• Members

I can't stop thinking about this topic. I don't believe in evolution, but that's primarily because the fossil record proves animals and plants did not evolve. So that's seems pretty straight forward there. (that's not to say plants and animals did not change to adapted, because they have, but that type of change is not the evolution that we are talking about.)

But, the fossil record does prove that many of thousands of years went by even before humans walked the earth.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if the bible does help us estimate that Adam and Eve were created 6,000 or so years ago... Then we have to add those years to all the years prior to the first human skeleton in the fossil record.

For instance, we don't hear about dinosaurs in Genesis (yet we know they existed), so it's safe to assume they were long gone before Adam and Eve were created. Then before the dinosaurs the fossil record shows that basic fish type animals lived on the earth for years, and before them double and single cell organisms also for thousands of years.
If a person were to add all that time up... it may be close a billion years or so?

I think the bible gives a good account for how long "humans" have been on the earth, but not how old our earth is.

I guess a person can say God created the earth with a fake fossil record... but why would he do that? If God does everything out of love for us, then faking a fossil record would be deceiving and not loving?

On a side note... I LOVE the big Bang theory!... it totally proves God created the universe out of nothing!!
It's still theory... but what would it prove??? Well, all it would prove is that God spoke the universe into existence and BANG... in 1.2 seconds the entire universe exploded into existence. Sounds like Genesis to me!

• Administrators

The Big Bang Theory isn't quite like that, Julie. :Green It supposedly only began a billions and billions of years process. Although, I have heard people say similar to what you did - God said Let there be, and bang - there it was! :lol:

As far as no humans with dinosaurs - there have been footprints found of them together...

God tells us in His Word that He created animals on day 5. Dinosaurs are animals. Ergo - they were there when Adam and Eve were. Dogs, cats, elephants, hippos, etc. were not mentioned in Genesis...just the serpent was, as far as land animals. Should we then assume they weren't there? No - God created all animals on the same day.

Leviathan is mentioned in Job. That is the oldest book written - leviathan is a dinosaur. It existed right along with Job.

• Members
The Big Bang Theory isn't quite like that, Julie. :Green It supposedly only began a billions and billions of years process. Although, I have heard people say similar to what you did - God said Let there be, and bang - there it was! :lol:

As far as no humans with dinosaurs - there have been footprints found of them together...

God tells us in His Word that He created animals on day 5. Dinosaurs are animals. Ergo - they were there when Adam and Eve were. Dogs, cats, elephants, hippos, etc. were not mentioned in Genesis...just the serpent was, as far as land animals. Should we then assume they weren't there? No - God created all animals on the same day.

Leviathan is mentioned in Job. That is the oldest book written - leviathan is a dinosaur. It existed right along with Job.

Where have dinosaur prints been found next to human prints? I've never been taught this, has science proved this as fact or someone's theory?

Leviathan is a crocodile.

This doesn't seem logical. We know that no human bones have been found in the same time period in the fossil record. We also know that for some unknown reason ALL dinosaurs became extinct at the same time. Like there was something catastrophic that happened on earth. (one theory suggest: so much dust from an astroid filled the air that sunlight would not be able to shine and plants and animals all died fast). It is only after this that human skeletons have been found. So if humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs, then what killed the dinosaurs.... would have killed the humans too.

Again, the bible doesn't talk about any world catastrophe except the flood... and we know ALL the current animals were saved on the ark, so if all dinosaurs were still around, their bones would be found AFTER the time period of the flood.

Guest Guest
Where have dinosaur prints been found next to human prints? I've never been taught this, has science proved this as fact or theory?

Actually, ma'am, I am afraid you are incorrect. Leviathan is not a crocodile.

The Lord further illustrates His power and majesty.

(Job 41) - "Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? {2} Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn? {3} Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee? {4} Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever? {5} Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? {6} Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants? {7} Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears? {8} Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more. {9} Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? {10} None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? {11} Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. {12} I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion. {13} Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle? {14} Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about. {15} His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. {16} One is so near to another, that no air can come between them. {17} They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered. {18} By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. {19} Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out."

"{20} Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. {21} His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth. {22} In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him. {23} The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved. {24} His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone. {25} When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves. {26} The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon. {27} He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. {28} The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble. {29} Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear. {30} Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire. {31} He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment. {32} He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary. {33} Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. {34} He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride."

This creature sounds much mightier than a crocodile. There is also behemoth, as well.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Guest Guest
Behemoth is a hippopotamus.

(Job 40:15-24) - "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. {16} Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. {17} He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. {18} His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. {19} He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. {20} Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. {21} He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. {22} The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. {23} Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. {24} He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares."

That cannot be a hippopotamus.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Where have dinosaur prints been found next to human prints? I've never been taught this, has science proved this as fact or someone's theory?

This doesn't seem logical. We know that no human bones have been found in the same time period in the fossil record. We also know that for some unknown reason ALL dinosaurs became extinct at the same time. Like there was something catastrophic that happened on earth. (one theory suggest: so much dust from an astroid filled the air that sunlight would not be able to shine and plants and animals all died fast). It is only after this that human skeletons have been found. So if humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs, then what killed the dinosaurs.... would have killed the humans too.

Again, the bible doesn't talk about any world catastrophe except the flood... and we know ALL the current animals were saved on the ark, so if all dinosaurs were still around, their bones would be found AFTER the time period of the flood.

There is an abundance of evidence of humans and dinosaurs having walked the earth at the same time. Several places show dinosaur and human footprints.
There are many artifacts showing ancient man interacting with dinosaurs.
You might also like to look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=26348

I've posted links to some of the other stuff here before but I don't have them handy now. If anyone remembers what those threads were or happened to have saved the links, please post here.

• Members

The Bible does not say the Behemoth's tail is as big as a cedar or even that it is LIKE a cedar.
It says it MOVETH like a cedar.

How does a cedar move? It swings back and forth in one place and in a vertical position.

Both elephants and hippos like to hang out around water where the "reeds and fens" are.
Both like to lay in the shade
Both eat grass
Both have internal testicles (stones wrapped together?)
Both are big enough and powerful enough to push through snares.
Both have a vertically hanging tail ,especially the elephant, that can swing back and forth.

MOVES....like a cedar

• Members
The Bible does not say the Behemoth's tail is as big as a cedar or even that it is LIKE a cedar.
It says it MOVETH like a cedar.

How does a cedar move? It swings back and forth in one place and in a vertical position.

Both elephants and hippos like to hang out around water where the "reeds and fens" are.
Both like to lay in the shade
Both eat grass
Both have internal testicles (stones wrapped together?)
Both are big enough and powerful enough to push through snares.
Both have a vertically hanging tail ,especially the elephant, that can swing back and forth.

MOVES....like a cedar

Good catch! :goodpost: