• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are These Two Theories Biblical?

Guest Guest

Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?

• No.
    • I don't know.
    • Yes.

• Members
What killed the dinos? The same thing that killed the humans. The flood of Noah's day.

no no, you can't have it both ways. :smile Either God saved every creature on the Ark or he didn't. I think the bible is clear that if the animals walked the earth... there were two of them in the Ark.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
The Bible does not say the Behemoth's tail is as big as a cedar or even that it is LIKE a cedar.
It says it MOVETH like a cedar.

How does a cedar move? It swings back and forth in one place and in a vertical position.

Both elephants and hippos like to hang out around water where the "reeds and fens" are.
Both like to lay in the shade
Both eat grass
Both have internal testicles (stones wrapped together?)
Both are big enough and powerful enough to push through snares.
Both have a vertically hanging tail ,especially the elephant, that can swing back and forth.

MOVES....like a cedar

One problem still remains, sir...
(Job 40:23) - "Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth."

Only a dinosaur could do something like that; take, for instance, a brachiosaurus or other large herbivorous beasts.
no no' date=' you can't have it both ways. :smile Either God saved every creature on the Ark or he didn't. I think the bible is clear that if the animals walked the earth... there were two of them in the Ark.[/quote']
One very plausible explanation, ma'am, is that the atmospheric change killed them (also, for some animals, there were more than two).

Just as a side note, the dinosaurs on the Ark could have been babies or eggs.

Also, we know they existed at the time of man, due to cave drawings which uncannily look like dinosaurs.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members
One problem still remains, sir...
(Job 40:23) - "Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth." Only a dinosaur could do something like that; take, for instance, a brachiosaurus or other large herbivorous beasts.

Tell you what....
Here's a little science project you can do at home. Real science involves lots of MATH. Things like distance, volume, gpm rate.
If you care to do the math, you will find that it would be physically impossible for even 1000 brachiosauruses to drink up a river HALF THE SIZE of the Jordan if they were all guzzling at the same time.

Do the math, my friend.

Guest Guest
Tell you what....
Here's a little science project you can do at home. Real science involves lots of MATH. Things like distance, volume, gpm rate.
If you care to do the math, you will find that it would be physically impossible for even 1000 brachiosauruses to drink up a river HALF THE SIZE of the Jordan if they were all guzzling at the same time.

Do the math, my friend.

There's no reason for you to get obnoxious, sir.

Furthermore, sir, if it is impossible for a brachiosaurus or another huge, 70-something-ton dinosaur to do that, imagine how utterly absurd it is that a hippo could do that!
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

The Jordan river is some 156 miles long. If that were only a little stream 12 ft wide and only one foot deep, and each brachiosaur drank half his own body weight in water, it would take almost 10,000 briachiosaurs to drink it, and the stream would have to be dammed up at both ends to do it.

But if you just read the verse a little closer, you will find that the animal only THINKS he can accomplish this feat.
Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

• Administrators

no no, you can't have it both ways. :smile Either God saved every creature on the Ark or he didn't. I think the bible is clear that if the animals walked the earth... there were two of them in the Ark.

You just quoted part of my post...I said at the beginning of it that there were dinos on the ark!

Yes, there were two of each unclean animal and 7 of each clean.

After the Flood, around 4,300 years ago, the remnant of the land animals, including dinosaurs, came off the Ark and lived in the present world, along with people. Because of sin, the judgments of the Curse and the Flood have greatly changed earth. Post-Flood climatic change, lack of food, disease, and man?s activities caused many types of animals to become extinct. The dinosaurs, like many other creatures, died out. Why the big mystery about dinosaurs?

Check out this site for some answers to your questions, Julie:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -dinosaurs

Lots of interesting stuff on there!

Guest Guest
The Jordan river is some 156 miles long. If that were only a little stream 12 ft wide and only one foot deep, and each brachiosaur drank half his own body weight in water, it would take almost 10,000 briachiosaurs to drink it, and the stream would have to be dammed up at both ends to do it.

But if you just read the verse a little closer, you will find that the animal only THINKS he can accomplish this feat.
Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

Well sir, according to that, it makes me think all the more that it's a dinosaur. I could imagine a 70-ton dinosaur thinking he could drink up the Jordan.

Nonetheless, sir, it does say he can drink a river, even if not the Jordan itself.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Well sir, according to that, it makes me think all the more that it's a dinosaur. I could imagine a 70-ton dinosaur thinking he could drink up the Jordan.

Nonetheless, sir, it does say he can drink a river, even if not the Jordan itself.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Brother, you amaze me
It does not say he can 'drink a river", it says.....

23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he
can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

Let me show you something else.......

If the 156 mile long Jordan river were only one foot deep X one foot wide, it would still hold 823,680 cubic feet of water. That water would weigh approximately 51,397,632 lbs...

That's far too small to be a river, but it's still over 25,698 tons of water
Shrink that volume on down to the size of a 4" water pipe....that's still over 2,242 TONS of water in a 156 mile water pipe. And you're saying the brachiosaurus weighed only 70 tons?

What am I saying? I'm saying that we are not interpreting Job 40 right, so we don't understand what it is really talking about. Why just assume it was a dinosaur, when it don't add up?