• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are These Two Theories Biblical?

Guest Guest

Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?

• No.
    • I don't know.
    • Yes.

• Administrators
I believe they reproduced in the Garden' date=' and by the time of the fall of man, civilization has been established. Where else would the people Cain was afraid of have come from? They came from somewhere.[/quote']

I really think you're wrong here, kind. Simply because of the fact that while they were in the garden, they were sinless. Had they had children while sinless, the children would have been.

Adam is the father of all living, as Eve is the mother of all living. Those people whom Cain feared came from Adam and Eve. Because we only have 3 sons listed doesn't mean that's all they had...in fact, it couldn't have been or the human line would have ended with those 3 sons.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Right, they could have been in the garden that long - we don't know the time line. But still, sin came into the world through Adam, so all humans came from him initially. Those people have to have been Cain's relatives, even if by that time distant. Who knows really how much time elapsed from Cain's birth (which we know took place after Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden) and Abel's death - several generations could have grown up and moved on.

Guest Guest
I don't think God is a fool. On the contrary' date=' it is incredible the design that he has completed in his creation. It would go against the very nature of God to do something on a whim. If, as you propose, God just one day woke up and say, "I'm going to create the universe," and then spoke it into existence, that seems to go against his very nature. History has played itself out over thousands of years until the birth, death, and ressurection of Christ, and it continues to be played out, as written and directed by God today. What makes you think desining the world is any different? A builder does not merely go out and build a masterpiece house one day with no forethought. Years and years of planning went into looking at designs, drawing up plans, looking at the geography, changing plans, revising plans, coming up with a vision, and planning out how to carry out that vision. [/quote']
Indeed, it is incredible, sir. However, God could create all of the plans and all of the designs for creation in a number of fragments of seconds too small to even be calculated. He is all-knowing and all-powerful.

Furthermore, sir, when exactly did I say I thought God just one day woke up and said, "I'm going to creature the Universe"? For one, He is not constrained by time. Time did not come into being until God created it.

• Members
You make an excellent point' date=' though I still wonder where the other people came from that Cain was afraid of. Plus, they could have been in the garden for millions of years prior to the fall.[/quote']

Actually that is not so because the Bible clearly says that Adam was 930 years old when he died and it also says that he was 130 when Seth was born and Seth was born after Cain killed Able who were both born after the fall according to Genesis chapters 3 and 4

• Members

We could argue in circles on this because the Bible does not enlighten us to "exactly" when or how or who those other people were. It doesn't matter either, as they all perished later in time when the flood took them out. Leaving behind only Noah and his family. Who are a direct line of Adam and Eve. Keeping Adam and Eve the parents of all humankind. :Green

• Members

I honestly do not think it matters the length of time creation took.

However, there is far too much scientific evidence to say the earth is not very old. I mean, look at the Grand Canyon, and the Rocky Mountains, and the fossil records, and carbon dating, etc....it all points to a very old creation.

• Administrators

However, there is far too much scientific evidence to say the earth is not very old. I mean, look at the Grand Canyon, and the Rocky Mountains, and the fossil records, and carbon dating, etc....it all points to a very old creation.

Unless God created the world with age...after all, He made Adam an adult!

Guest Guest

Sir, the dating methods used by evolutionists and those advocating an old earth are massively abused and flawed. Furthermore, the fossil record does not point to an old earth, nor does the Grand Canyon or the Rocky Mountains!

The evidence, Biblical and otherwise, points to a young earth.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members
Sir, the dating methods used by evolutionists and those advocating an old earth are massively abused and flawed. Furthermore, the fossil record does not point to an old earth, nor does the Grand Canyon or the Rocky Mountains!

The evidence, Biblical and otherwise, points to a young earth.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

What is considered old?
What is considered young?

Guest Guest
What is considered old?
What is considered young?

Old, in science, typically would mean in the upward billions; say, 14 billion years or so.

Young, in science, would typically mean around 6,000 years.
If you count the ages of the people listed in the geneaologies in the Bible and such, we get a date much closer to the latter than the former.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.