• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are These Two Theories Biblical?

Guest Guest

Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Theories Of Theistic Evolutionism And Old Earth Creationism Biblical?

• No.
    • I don't know.
    • Yes.

Guest Guest

I do not believe they are remotely Biblical, and are instead an attempt to appear more "scientific" or something along those lines.

Theistic Evolutionists: Don't believe God created the world in six days; believe the world is billions of years old; believe in the Big Bang; believe God used evolution in His creation.

Old Earth Creationists: Believe basically the same as above, minus evolution.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe in a literal 6 day creation.
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Guest Guest
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

:amen: I just don't see how they get around that.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I believe those who would disagree concerning the literal days would point to a few areas as to where they would have questions as to timing and the literalness of the use of the word "day."

1. They would first ask what is the period of time that the earth was without form and void.
2. They would ask how long darkness was upon the face of the deep and how long the Spirit of God moved

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters.

3. They would ask how much time elapsed between vs 2 and vs 3.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God diuided the light from the darkenesse.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light, Day, and the darknesse he called Night: and the euening and the morning were the first day.

4. Another thing those persons would ask about would be is the use of the word "day" here; is it a literal day or a period of time? They would of course point to the Scriptures were Peter tells us that God's time frames and people's time frames are not necessarily the same.

2Pe 3:8 But (beloued) bee not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand yeeres, and a thousand yeeres as one day.

• Members
I believe the Bible when it says that evening and morning were the days...not thousands of years each. Goodness' date=' why in the world would God need thousands of years to say "let there be light?!?" :lol:[/quote']

And yet there are so many IFB dispensationalists that will say that and yet apply a different standard to the prophetic "weeks", etc........

• Members
Was Jesus dead for 3' date='000 years, Jonah in the fish for 3,000 years? I don't think so.[/quote']

Hopefully you are not looking for me to defend those person's questions or arguments. I was only saying what they would put forth.

• Members

Me too...

• Members

OK, I believe in the literal six days of creation BUT I also believe that there's a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. This is the only way you can explain the rebellion and fall of Satan unless you say that he fell at the same time as Adam and Eve in the garden or that God created all the cherubims, seraphims, and angels at the same time as Adam and Eve and then they immediately rebelled and fell.

• Members

I'm not quit sure what you are referring to but a "week" in prophecy equals seven years. Here's the "standard".

Genesis 29:27- Fulfill her week, and we will give thee this also for the service which thou shalt serve with me yet seven other years.

Guest Guest
OK' date=' I believe in the literal six days of creation BUT I also believe that there's a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. This is the only way you can explain the rebellion and fall of Satan unless you say that he fell at the same time as Adam and Eve in the garden or that God created all the cherubims, seraphims, and angels at the same time as Adam and Eve and then they immediately rebelled and fell.[/quote']
Sir,
I am afraid that is impossible. Look:
(Exodus 20:11) - "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Furthermore, the angels such were created before God created the Heavens and the Earth.
God bless,
Crushmaster.