• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer needed - facing eviction through no fault of our own

• Members

Dear friends,

My family and I are facing eviction through no fault of our own. We have rented our present home for the past 2 years and have always paid our rent on time. We recently found out that the landlord has not been paying their mortgage payments and now the house that we live in is being foreclosed upon. The trustee's sale is set for June 1st. We have been planning on relocating to Hoven, South Dakota but didn't expect to do it quite so soon (we are presently in North Platte, Nebraska). Please pray that we can find another house to rent on such a short notice.

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

Edited by brosmith

• Members

Dear friends,

My family and I are facing eviction through no fault of our own. We have rented our present home for the past 2 years and have always paid our rent on time. We recently found out that the landlord has not been paying their mortgage payments and now the house that we live in is being foreclosed upon. The trustee's sale is set for June 1st. We have been planning on relocating to Hoven, South Dakota but didn't expect to do it quite so soon (we are presently in North Platte, Nebraska). Please pray that we can find another house to rent on such a short notice.

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

Will do.

Dear friends,

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

Steve,
I am praying for you and your family and added you to daily prayers. Keep us updated on God's provision.
Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thought I should give you all an update on our situation.

We spent a couple of days in Hoven, SD looking for a house and came away empty. We are also looking here in North Platte, NE but have not as yet found anything that suits our needs. We have 10 days to find a house or we will find ourselves homeless. Right now we are praying for wisdom. We have adequate funds to relocate. We have been looking to rent but are open to buying on contract. Please continue to pray about this matter with us.

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

• Members

Thought I should give you all an update on our situation.

We spent a couple of days in Hoven, SD looking for a house and came away empty. We are also looking here in North Platte, NE but have not as yet found anything that suits our needs. We have 10 days to find a house or we will find ourselves homeless. Right now we are praying for wisdom. We have adequate funds to relocate. We have been looking to rent but are open to buying on contract. Please continue to pray about this matter with us.

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

Such would certainly be a test of my patience! Will give some extra time to prayer over this :icon_pray:

• Members

After saying a quick prayer I had a thought and felt I should make it known.
I am sure you already know this.

What came to my mind was that maybe God has an oppourtunity for you somewhere else
and has allowed this to happen to place you where he wants you.

I will be praying that God will provide you with a clear understanding of what He is trying to do
and where He is trying to lead you. This of course is in addition to praying that your housing needs
are met.

God bless you and i hope you find a new home soon.

Jason