• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Katy Perry: Strict Christian Upbringing Kept Me From Having a Childhood

• Members

And of course, the Christian life is no fun, enjoyment, pleasure, for a person that is lost, living in the flesh. Only a saved person, one who has been born again, one that has experienced a change of heart, one who has the Holy Ghost living within them, will enjoy. feel pleasure, when living the Christ like life.

For the born again believer, to live a Christ like life is not grievous.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

I wish we had more success in helping people understand that if only they will accept Jesus as Savior, let Him change their heart, they will no longer have such a love for living in the flesh.

• Members

I can't speak for her parents, but there is a problem with parents who focus on the externals while ignoring or failing to address the most important part, the heart of their children. An enforced outward Christianity will not get one right with God and will not prepare one to live for God when they are on their own.

Too many parents, and unfortunately, even many Sunday schools and youth groups, focus upon the externals rather than seeing to the hearts of the children and youth.

It would seem perhaps that Katy was not presented with true biblical Christianity and now from her bad experience with "Christianity" and getting married to a man who is a false religionist, she is very confused and open to the workings of the devil in her life.

Unfortunately, many who read her story will simply believe Christianity is bad and being open to other things is great.

It would be interesting to know if her parents are born again Christians or not and what sort of church and "brand" of Chrisitanity they hold to.

• Members

They said they were very proud of her, with her saying what she did against Christianity, how can they be proud of her saying being a Christin takes all the fun out of life.?

I take it, if she lives sin free, she will have no fun, the only way to have fun is to live in sin.

• Members

They said they were very proud of her, with her saying what she did against Christianity, how can they be proud of her saying being a Christin takes all the fun out of life.?

I take it, if she lives sin free, she will have no fun, the only way to have fun is to live in sin.

Those comments really made me want to know more about the parents version of Christianity. How can true biblical parents be happy their daughter is "successful" as a worldly singer who immodestly flaunts her body everywhere, is married to a false religionist and appears to be unsaved?

• Members

:smilie_loco:4

And of course, the Christian life is no fun, enjoyment, pleasure, for a person that is lost, living in the flesh. Only a saved person, one who has been born again, one that has experienced a change of heart, one who has the Holy Ghost living within them, will enjoy. feel pleasure, when living the Christ like life.

For the born again believer, to live a Christ like life is not grievous.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

I wish we had more success in helping people understand that if only they will accept Jesus as Savior, let Him change their heart, they will no longer have such a love for living in the flesh.

I didn't take the article as her saying that her "Christian life" kept her from having a childhood but, rather, her specific upbringing did. I mean, come on, not being allowed to say "deviled egg?" Who wouldn't be affected in some manner by such a ridiculous rule. If you read into Mrs. Perry's life, you see a ton of bad decisions, sin and . . . a profession of faith. She's one of those . . . what do you call them? Oh yeah, CHRISTIANS! And, true to her kind, she's not perfect.

I wish that all these people on little message boards had their personal lives spread across the world, so then we could narrow down who the "real" Christians are. :smilie_loco:4 As if David "sip tug" Cloud weren't busy enough! LOL! Edited by mattd

• Members

I didn't take the article as her saying that her "Christian life" kept her from having a childhood but, rather, her specific upbringing did. I mean, come on, not being allowed to say "deviled egg?" Who wouldn't be affected in some manner by such a ridiculous rule. If you read into Mrs. Perry's life, you see a ton of bad decisions, sin and . . . a profession of faith. She's one of those . . . what do you call them? Oh yeah, CHRISTIANS! And, true to her kind, she's not perfect.

I wish that all these people on little message boards had their personal lives spread across the world, so then we could narrow down who the "real" Christians are. :smilie_loco:4 As if David "sip tug" Cloud weren't busy enough! LOL!

Scripture says otherwise and the Words of God carry far more weight than your unbiblical opinion.

• Members
As Joseph Addison wrote:

When all Thy mercies, O my God,
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I’m lost
In wonder, love and praise.

Thy Providence my life sustained,
And all my wants redressed,
While in the silent womb I lay,
And hung upon the breast.

To all my weak complaints and cries
Thy mercy lent an ear,
Ere yet my feeble thoughts had learned
To form themselves in prayer.

Unnumbered comforts to my soul
Thy tender care bestowed,
Before my infant heart conceived
From Whom those comforts flowed.

When in the slippery paths of youth
With heedless steps I ran,
Thine arm unseen conveyed me safe,
And led me up to man.

Through hidden dangers, toils, and deaths,
It gently cleared my way;
And through the pleasing snares of vice,
More to be feared than they.

O how shall words with equal warmth
The gratitude declare,
That glows within my ravished heart?
But thou canst read it there.

Thy bounteous hand with worldly bliss
Hath made my cup run o’er;
And, in a kind and faithful Friend,
Hath doubled all my store.

Ten thousand thousand precious gifts
My daily thanks employ;
Nor is the last a cheerful heart
That tastes those gifts with joy.

When worn with sickness, oft hast Thou
With health renewed my face;
And, when in sins and sorrows sunk,
Revived my soul with grace.

Through every period of my life
Thy goodness I’ll pursue
And after death, in distant worlds,
The glorious theme renew.

When nature fails, and day and night
Divide Thy works no more,
My ever grateful heart, O Lord,
Thy mercy shall adore.

Through all eternity to Thee
A joyful song I’ll raise;
For, oh, eternity’s too short
To utter all Thy praise!

• Members

Mt 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Mr 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)

Ex 20:12 ¶ Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

With what this woman said about her father and mother she is not honoring them, nor obeying them, no the daughter is the problem. She ought to be ashamed of her self, she has fallen in love with the world and its offerings.