• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
17 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Not like me.  Hopefully nothing like you either.   There are many anti-christs among us though, as written in the KJV.   This has always been true for the last 2000 years as written.

Jeff, I'm fairly sure that the quote which you have made appear as my own, is, in fact a quote of another, probably Spurgeon or Tozer. I would have placed it on line for the purpose of self examination. I believe it has worked.

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Jeff, I'm fairly sure that the quote which you have made appear as my own, is, in fact a quote of another, probably Spurgeon or Tozer. I would have placed it on line for the purpose of self examination. I believe it has worked.

It is not appearing in your post as a quote of another,  neither Spurgeon nor Tozer, but as if you posted it without showing it is a quote . 

No,  I believe it has not worked,  not the way you appear to believe anyway.

• Members
7 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

It is not appearing in your post as a quote of another,  neither Spurgeon nor Tozer, but as if you posted it without showing it is a quote . 

No,  I believe it has not worked,  not the way you appear to believe anyway.

Well my bad seems I may have started it but, I'm willing to denounce any claim to it if I ever run across it on line. However, I would preferred the comment was quoted in context... "So, as much as we would like to type Judas as Satan, it turns out he was very much like you or I. The difference between Judas and a Christian is the object of your surrendered will. Judas’ will was surrendered to Satan, the Christian’s will is surrendered to Christ. Judas will spend eternity in hell. The Christian eternity with God."

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Well my bad seems I may have started it but, I'm willing to denounce any claim to it if I ever run across it on line. However, I would preferred the comment was quoted in context... "So, as much as we would like to type Judas as Satan, it turns out he was very much like you or I. The difference between Judas and a Christian is the object of your surrendered will. Judas’ will was surrendered to Satan, the Christian’s will is surrendered to Christ. Judas will spend eternity in hell. The Christian eternity with God."

Judas was both a man and a devil. 

• Members
11 hours ago, SureWord said:

It would be an interesting study...

John 6:70   Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

...maybe this winter, I'm backed up with activities this year, traveling to see family, work at the church, and working at home.

• Members
15 hours ago, SureWord said:

Surprised?   Jesus called him the son of perdition.   No one else except the anti-christ was in the Bible called the son of perdition (I think.   I read that somewhere).

But in our midst.  In our assemblies.  In our churches,  governments, medical facilities,  schools ? ?  What about there?

Many anti-christs?    Death dealing?   Pernicious ?   Wicked society ?

Even the Apostles themselves were sometimes (how often?) rebuked by Jesus ,  from 'lack of faith', to "get behind Me satan!" .   And most of , or many of Jesus disciples left Him.   Just walked away when His Words got "too hard" for them to accept, to live with.  He did not try to get them to stay either.  Just let them go.

What's it feel like to know the enemy is at hand ?   "In our midst"  ?  And the wolves are appearing as angels of light,  tearing the flocks apart as written?   Even satan himself. 

"Paired with" a devil ?    Happens more often than people realize.  Every day in the world.

On 4/18/2011 at 1:04 PM, Covenanter said:

The extraordinary truth is that they had no awareness of his real nature. When Jesus told of his betrayal, none said, "Is it Judas?"

Mat. 26:20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

How many people are aware of many antichrists in our midst ?   The "real nature" of society as well as churches/groups/meetings ?  How many fellowships train with discernment and Scripturally and accurately how to abide in Christ Jesus as God's Word KJV says to do ?

• Members
12 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

It would be an interesting study...

John 6:70   Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

...maybe this winter, I'm backed up with activities this year, traveling to see family, work at the church, and working at home.

Yes, that's a deep statement by Jesus. 

8 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Surprised?   Jesus called him the son of perdition.   No one else except the anti-christ was in the Bible called the son of perdition (I think.   I read that somewhere).

But in our midst.  In our assemblies.  In our churches,  governments, medical facilities,  schools ? ?  What about there?

Many anti-christs?    Death dealing?   Pernicious ?   Wicked society ?

Even the Apostles themselves were sometimes (how often?) rebuked by Jesus ,  from 'lack of faith', to "get behind Me satan!" .   And most of , or many of Jesus disciples left Him.   Just walked away when His Words got "too hard" for them to accept, to live with.  He did not try to get them to stay either.  Just let them go.

What's it feel like to know the enemy is at hand ?   "In our midst"  ?  And the wolves are appearing as angels of light,  tearing the flocks apart as written?   Even satan himself. 

"Paired with" a devil ?    Happens more often than people realize.  Every day in the world.

How many people are aware of many antichrists in our midst ?   The "real nature" of society as well as churches/groups/meetings ?  How many fellowships train with discernment and Scripturally and accurately how to abide in Christ Jesus as God's Word KJV says to do ?

I agree it's possible that some of the ministers of the angel of light may be Satan's minions in a much deeper more sinister way than we imagine. John seems to suggest this in his writings. But I don't dwell on that too much I don't want to turn paranoid.

• Members
4 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I agree it's possible that some of the ministers of the angel of light may be Satan's minions in a much deeper more sinister way than we imagine. John seems to suggest this in his writings. But I don't dwell on that too much I don't want to turn paranoid.

Oh,  it is nothing to be afraid of.   Jesus says He informs us,  His disciples, of these troubles ahead of time not to make us afraid, but so we do not lose our joy when it happens.  We know already it is happening, or will happen,  as bad as it is,  but we are not at all meant by Jesus to be afraid.

Because people don't know that their pastors, priests and bishops and churches have lied to them,

they continue in darkness,   lost,  unless God in His Plan and Grace sends someone to warn them, to give them a chance to leave that which is of the devil or of the flesh or of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If (as has happened) the devil builds a church,  would you (any reader) go to it ?

If (as has happened) the devil builds a hospital, would you go to it ?

If (as has happened) the devil "worketh" a music group,  would you accept it and listen?

According to Ephesians 2, you once would, by nature being children of wrath : 

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.""

"Partnered with the devil" = the whole world/ society/ mankind. (except the remnant)

On 7/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, 1Timothy115 said:

.... The difference between Judas and a Christian is the object of your surrendered will. Judas’ will was surrendered to Satan, the Christian’s will is surrendered to Christ. Judas will spend eternity in hell. The Christian eternity with God."

On 7/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, SureWord said:

Yes, that's a deep statement by Jesus. 

John, with all Scripture,  agrees there are many anti-christs already among us.

Not just in the first century,  but humongously insidiously more world wide today,  even in chruches.

(Remembering the whole world is deceived, as written)