• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are Pastoral Disqualifications Permanent?

• Members

I give up on this issue. When any person decides that certain parts of the Bible is not to be used by us, they them are free to make their own rules.

I recall a long time back we had some dispersion believing people that claimed that certain parts of the New Testament does not apply to us, they also believed there was more than one way for man to be saved.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Yet the Holy Scriptures them self says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..."

I'm not sure why you say you are giving up. My post agreed with your position. I said that I believe those verses in Romans DO apply and I said they are in agreement with the rest of Scripture on the topic, both in the Old and New Testaments.

• Members

No, they're the qualifications for a New Testament pastor, whither you agree or disagree.

Context, brother. Paul was concerned how the man of God appeared in the community. If a man was called by God to be a pastor but blows it along the line for whatever reason doesn't mean that calling was revoke. You don't "qualify" yourself in front of God but in front of people.

"Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without"- I Timothy 3:7(a)

• Members

I'm not sure why you say you are giving up. My post agreed with your position. I said that I believe those verses in Romans DO apply and I said they are in agreement with the rest of Scripture on the topic, both in the Old and New Testaments.

I know you agreed, but there is no need to debate with someone after they throw out parts of the Scriptures saying they do not count in this matter.