• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Big Buffet Style Meal

Guest "I am chief"

Are we Christians making our faith a take what appeals to us or take only those things that make us feel good practice? Before you point out all those others who are doing it speak for yourself. Can you say all the Beattitudes and Fruits below apply to you?

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I fall far short of all the above Christian attributes, I'm embarrassed to say.

Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

I was reading through Matthew Chapter 5 the other day too. I became so upset with myself.. I believe in the Lord why do I not do more?!

Mt 16:24 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

It really is something to think about and prayer for. I should and and probably could be doing so much more..

I was reading through Matthew Chapter 5 the other day too. I became so upset with myself.. I believe in the Lord why do I not do more?!

Mt 16:24 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

It really is something to think about and prayer for. I should and and probably could be doing so much more..

Thanks for your honesty. I look at me and in amazement, I can't help but say Christ died for me there is no greater love.

• Members

Sorry, but I'm not sure what the question is. At first I thought you were asking if we only eat the things we like when at a buffet but it actually seems more like you are asking something relating to the Beatitudes and fruit of the Spirit.

• Members
Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

I have met people that have problems with that one. I can remember my dad saying he heard a preacher speaking on the beatitudes, but skipped over that one. He asked him why? and then said to me," I was amazed, He just didn't believe it."

I mentioned that to someone once, and he said "Yes, the will inherit the land, ie, heaven."

• Members

I have met people that have problems with that one. I can remember my dad saying he heard a preacher speaking on the beatitudes, but skipped over that one. He asked him why? and then said to me," I was amazed, He just didn't believe it."

I mentioned that to someone once, and he said "Yes, the will inherit the land, ie, heaven."

Most don't like this because they have a wrong view of what meek means. Also, for most who don't like this it comes down to being a matter of pride.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what the question is. At first I thought you were asking if we only eat the things we like when at a buffet but it actually seems more like you are asking something relating to the Beatitudes and fruit of the Spirit.

I changed the question in the OP..."Can you say all the Beattitudes and Fruits below apply to you?"

• Members

I changed the question in the OP..."Can you say all the Beattitudes and Fruits below apply to you?"

Of course I can "say" that :icon_mrgreen: but it wouldn't be true :icon_sad:

I recently did a study of the Beatitudes and it was very humbling and challenging. I'm thankful that as I look over the course of my life I can see how the Lord has improved me, built me up in some of these, how He's working on me now in some, and also the areas I'm weakest and need to give attention to.

I've found in my life that it's good for me to be reminded from time to time, as I was during my study of the Beatitudes, that no matter how "good" I am, no matter how much "better" I am now than before, I'm still abundantely far from where I should be and just as much in need today of surrendering my all to Christ and trusting in Him in all things as I ever have been.