• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Japan Disaster Caused by DADT Repeal

• Members

Japan Disaster Caused by DADT Repeal

By Stephanie Samuel
Christian Post Reporter

Controversial self-proclaimed prophet Cindy Jacobs has linked the natural disasters in Japan to the U.S. repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and is calling on Americans to repent.

In a video last week, Jacobs, president and co-founder of missionary training group Generals International, asserted that her prophetic message that natural disasters would result from the December repeal of the 1993 ban on open homosexuality in the U.S. military has come true.

“I know some of you don’t understand the warning that I gave. … When we break God’s laws then it actually causes cycles of nature to come afterwards. It’s like we have disrupted the laws of God. I said if this is true, then what we will see is natural disasters, we’ll see weather patterns going crazy, we’ll see major storms, we’ll see floodings and so forth,” she said, citing the biblical passage Hosea 4. “And this has happened.”

Jacobs first issued a warning about consequences to the repeal of DADT early this year. She spoke of a possible link between allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military and the unusual phenomenon with the thousands of dead birds and fish in Arkansas.

President Barack Obama signed the DADT repeal legislation in December. Weeks later, on New Year’s Eve, some 5,000 blackbirds fell from the sky, lying scattered throughout the town of Beebe, Ark. Then a couple days later, a 100,000 fish were found dead on the shore in the same state.

Jacobs is now tracing last month’s earthquake and tsunami that decimated Japan’s shoreline and ignited problems at the Fukushima nuclear power plant back again to the DADT repeal.

“I had received some criticism by people who did not understand the warnings that I gave about natural disasters coming as a result of us repealing in the U.S. ‘don't ask, don't tell,’ opening up our military to open homosexuality,” the GI head said, noting that Scripture defines a union to be between a man and a woman.

“Everything I said has happened,” she asserted. “We need to repent for turning away from God.”

Just after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, which killed at least 25,000 people, others have made similar comments about the disaster being warning signs from above.

The Rev. David Yonggi Cho, senior pastor of the Yoido Full Gospel Church – the world’s largest church – came under fire when he said the Japan disaster was likely “God’s warning” to the Japanese people, most of whom are not Christian. Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara also pondered whether the disaster was divine punishment. He later apologized for the remark. In the U.S., Republican television pundit Glenn Beck said of the disaster that “a message is being sent.” Beck is a Mormon. It is unclear what faith, if any, Shintaro professes.

A Public Religion Research Institute and Religion News Service news poll, released last month, foundthat nearly six in ten white evangelical respondents believe that natural disasters are signs from God rather than a sign of global climate change. A majority also believe that natural disasters are evidence of what the Bible calls the “end times.”

An additional 53 percent of white evangelicals believe that God punishes nations for the sins of its citizens.

Jacobs, speaking to viewers of the GI News webcast, urged for prayer for the hurting people in Japan while calling for repentance for disrupting God’s law. At the same time, she reminded the audience that God is a merciful God. “If we’ll pray … these things do not have to happen.”

I don't agree with everything she says...

Isaiah 1:4-7
4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

"Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more:"
Romans 1:28-32
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

"God gave them over to a reprobate mind"

God is on a totally different path from the United States of America. I full well believe God has taken His hands off this nation and is allowing it to go whereever the wind blows. This nation will suffer no further individual judgement from God; but, will be allowed to continue in the direction it's sin takes it.