• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

National Preacher's Conference

• Moderators

A group of the IFB churches in Canada take turns hosting a National Preacher's Conference each year. It's very loose, no boards or anything -- each church that hosts it has the responsibility to develop it as they see fit. This year, my church gets to host it! It's very exciting -- it's the first time this Conference has been held west of Manitoba.

:woohoo:

Any of you who are interested are hereby invited!! The Conference will be hosted by Victory Baptist Church in Sherwood Park, Alberta. (Whether or not it will be held at VBC is yet to be determined. Our building is a little small for the expected crowd.) It runs September 19-21, 2011. The theme will be -- what else? -- the 400th anniversary of the KJV. :bible:

:clapping:

There is no website for the Conference, as it is not an independent entity. For more details, as they are announced, you can check out www.victorybaptist.ws.

:woohoo:

(Can you tell I'm excited yet? ;) )
Any of you near Alberta should check it out!! :thumb:
Any of you not near Alberta should check it out too!! :biggrin:

Edited by salyan

• Moderators

There's another preachers fellowship going on that same time in Kalispell, Montana, at Rocky Mountain Baptist Church. September must be a popular month way up there.

The camps are done and the roads are still good... :thumb:

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Ya'll are only a 24hr drive from here (come to think of it, so is North Carolina, Oregon, and Monterrey, Mexico [500 miles closer, but lower speeds possible after entering Mexico]) -- wish I could come, but it just won't work this year. And yes, I make a 1500 mile run as a straight through run.

• Members

That is only 2044.93 miles from where I live, & accordingly I can drive that in 32 hours and 39 minutes.

Back in my truck driving days I could be in Los Angels, CA in about 18 to 22 hours. According to Yahoo map directions its 1902.40 miles, and takes 28 hours and 19 minutes.

So surely I could make it up there in quite a bit less time than 32 hours and 39 minutes, that is if I left out before breakfast, did not stop to often, and did not make a wrong turn.

Thanks much for the invation, but I believe I will pass this one up.

The wife & I have been to Kalispell on the motorcycle, pretty country!