• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tradition - what are your thoughts?

Guest "I am chief"

• Members

The RCC is the most responsible for any and all traditions that are being taught today. For example 2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. They claim that this verse here gives the RCC, the Pope the authority to change the Bible change doctrine, that God operates by informing the pope of the RCC as time goes along changes that He wants to be made, and of course the RCC teaches that all people that claims Jesus as Savior, those outside of the RCC as well, are under the authority of the pope, for he is the only authority, mediator, for God on this earth. More of less they teach no one gets to God, heaven, unless they are in the RCC under the authority of the pope. They try to rip the authority of Jesus right out from under Him, one mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ, 1 Timothy 2:5. They teach that the Bible is not enough, that with only the Bible no one can know what God expects from them. they call solo teaching, using only the Bible, wrong. That you have to have the Bible plus the pope in order to follow the traditions of God in the Bible and those that are handed down through the pope since the day the Bible was given to us.

• Members

The RCC is the most responsible for any and all traditions that are being taught today. For example 2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. They claim that this verse here gives the RCC, the Pope the authority to change the Bible change doctrine, that God operates by informing the pope of the RCC as time goes along changes that He wants to be made, and of course the RCC teaches that all people that claims Jesus as Savior, those outside of the RCC as well, are under the authority of the pope, for he is the only authority, mediator, for God on this earth. More of less they teach no one gets to God, heaven, unless they are in the RCC under the authority of the pope. They try to rip the authority of Jesus right out from under Him, one mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ, 1 Timothy 2:5. They teach that the Bible is not enough, that with only the Bible no one can know what God expects from them. they call solo teaching, using only the Bible, wrong. That you have to have the Bible plus the pope in order to follow the traditions of God in the Bible and those that are handed down through the pope since the day the Bible was given to us.

Gal 1:6-9

• Members

Jerry,

Are you saying that the IFB have no traditions?

The appropriate question is 'Does Jerry's Church have any traditions?'

He cannot speak for all IFB churches since they are different.

• Members

No I did not say that we have no custom, tradition. We have many traditions, we have church services on Sunday morning. Generally we start with the tradition of singing hymns and praying, we have the tradition of that starting at 10:00 AM. After the hymns we have the traditions of having Sunday school. We have the tradition of Sunday school ending before 11:00 AM. Generally at 11:00 AM we have the tradition, custom, of starting off with some hymns. After which we have the tradition of saying a prayer and taking up the offering. Generally after that we have the tradition of singing a few more songs, maybe more prayers, them having the preaching services.

We also have the custom, tradition, of having Sunday night services.

Jesus held to a tradition in order to teach us to attend public worship, notice His custom in the verse below.

Lu 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his
custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for
to read.

• Members

The core doctrines of IFB, & FIEC are clearly taught in Scripture. There are other doctrines that are derived from Scripture, but are received by tradition, i.e. taught by respected Bible teachers, & accepted as Scripture teaching.

These are the doctrines that are discussed & disputed here. We may be convinced by the logic, but others may be equally convinced otherwise.

In particular, no-one can prove dispensationalism from Scripture. You accept it as "received truth" & refer to various Scriptures to support the doctrine, but which do not teach the doctrine.

• Members
In particular, no-one can prove dispensationalism from Scripture. You accept it as "received truth" & refer to various Scriptures to support the doctrine, but which do not teach the doctrine.

With all due respect, you view/interpret Scripture through a different filter than we do, based on the postings you've made in numerous threads. We're more than happy to explain why we believe what we do and to allow you to explain why you believe the way you do - but that doesn't mean you have the right to come onto our board and tell us we're wrong and expect to be welcome here.

• Members

These are the doctrines that are discussed & disputed here. We may be convinced by the logic, but others may be equally convinced otherwise.

How can you truly be convinced of something logically and someone else also be convience of something totally opposite by logic; that is illogical.

You can not say that both X and not-X are true.

• Members

With all due respect, you view/interpret Scripture through a different filter than we do, based on the postings you've made in numerous threads. We're more than happy to explain why we believe what we do and to allow you to explain why you believe the way you do - but that doesn't mean you have the right to come onto our board and tell us we're wrong and expect to be welcome here.

With all due respect, shouldn't we all view scripture thourgh the same filter?

• Members

With all due respect, shouldn't we all view scripture thourgh the same filter?

He is obviously not Baptist, or if he is its no Baptist Teachings I have ever heard, so the moderator said what I am placing in bold letters above.

For instants, if, that is if I went to say a Roman Catholic message board and started declaring everyone of them was wrong, I would have no right to think that they would make me feel welcomed me with open arms. Yet if I went to their message board to learn about them, ask a question, discuss issues, not coming out saying that they were wrong, them I feel they would welcome me.

At the beginning I used two ifs for a very good reason, I do not go to message boards of those who believe different than us. And I sure would not go to them declaring that they are wrong, there is such a thing as respect, respect what others believe.

I'm here hoping to speak to and with like minded people, not those of other beliefs.Of course other beliefs are welcome, if they will stay clam, show respect, and respect our beliefs.